Talk

Advanced search

Are all these ads here to stay unless I go Premium?

(33 Posts)
managedmis Tue 19-May-20 01:11:08

All that blue highlight for tutoring is making me dizzy!

Are these ads here to stay unless I pay to go Premium?

OP’s posts: |
WhatwouldLangdo Tue 19-May-20 01:24:35

The ad for premium itself is enough to put me off! Nauseating.
It's actually motivated me to put up with the ads!

Shelanagig Tue 19-May-20 01:28:27

This is all I see with Adblockplus. Others get more?

managedmis Tue 19-May-20 02:27:12

I see what you see, shelanagig. I've got adbloker

Those weren't there before!

OP’s posts: |
RozHuntleysStump Tue 19-May-20 06:39:31

Adblock plus ftw

DebbieFiderer Tue 19-May-20 06:59:30

The stupid blue highlight ones are still there even with Premium so that won't help 🤷

GrimmsFairytales Tue 19-May-20 07:27:39

I see what you see, shelanagig. I've got adbloker Those weren't there before!

Even with premium the Ad in Shelanagig post would still be there. MN confirmed in on a thread in site stuff the other day.

papiermaches Tue 19-May-20 07:27:47

I honestly don’t register the ads at all... they’ve never bothered me. So many sites have them now I’ve got used to filtering them out.

lilkikii Tue 19-May-20 07:30:24

Do the Ads not come up if your using the mobile app? I'm not premium but haven't seem an advert in ages. There used to be loads!

NotAgainNo Tue 19-May-20 08:05:25

@papiermaches Same.
There're ads all over the internet. It's why adblock apps/extensions were created. Nothing new herehmm

papiermaches Tue 19-May-20 08:10:04

I’m fine with them, it’s how some of my fav sites generate income. Occasionally something with pique my interest but generally I ignore.

ButtWormHole Tue 19-May-20 08:14:45

Nothing like supporting the websites you spend a lot of time on by leaving the ads on.

It’s quite rude to come here for free content and use ad block

ImInAStateOfMind Tue 19-May-20 08:18:46

With every post I make, I am generating the content @ButtWormHole. It isn’t free. Thousands of people are spending time generating the content.

NotAgainNo Tue 19-May-20 08:30:18

For clarity, I meant if it bothered people so much, they could use adblock. No need whining about it like MN's the first and only website to have ads. It's just par for most free sites and blogs too to generate income. Nothing new. Like @papiermaches said, they don't bother me.

RainMustFall Tue 19-May-20 09:21:55

Paying for Premium doesn't mean no ads, it means fewer - whatever that means. Not forgetting an edit button available for 18 seconds in the future. Probably a bit like Advanced Search which has been broken for two years.

Iwalkinmyclothing Tue 19-May-20 09:22:54

The forums are the mumsnet content. No one comes here for anything else.

TrickorTreacle Tue 19-May-20 09:50:47

I don't see any ads on the internet and I don't use any ad-blockers. Ads are blocked at the hardware level (router).

BubblyBarbara Tue 19-May-20 10:00:05

I think it’s disgusting that you’re all gloating about not seeing ads. Justine and crew put their heart and sole into this web site for us to comfort each other and share our amusing anecdotes and this is how you repay them

NotAgainNo Tue 19-May-20 10:08:43

The 'I hate MN but can't seem to stay away because I enjoy MN threads and can add my overstated dissatisfaction' brigade will soon grace us with their presence to add more kindling to this flame.

NotAgainNo Tue 19-May-20 10:11:41

Probably already have but expecting reinforcements.

TrickorTreacle Tue 19-May-20 10:31:47

@BubblyBarbara - the knight in shining armour :D

BubblyBarbara Tue 19-May-20 13:11:21

I just appreciate the venue and the hard work that the MN team put in. They are truly keyworkers for many of us.

GrimmsFairytales Tue 19-May-20 13:14:04

They are truly keyworkers for many of us.

You're joking, right? confused

By all means appreciate MN and their staff, but to call them key workers is absolutely ludicrous.

Anniesnotmydaddy Tue 19-May-20 13:21:10

I use the app on my phone. I don't see any ads.

jane1956 Tue 19-May-20 13:52:33

have ad blocker on in Chrome do not see any ads

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »