Advanced search

Women aid or not

(20 Posts)
Wafflingonagain Mon 18-May-20 23:19:43

I left my daughters father with help of women aid, he was physically,verbally and emotionally abusive. The guy I’m with now I should recognise the signs, I think he is but I’m some way but I don’t know. All I know is for a more stable home my daughter and I need to move out. What do I do? Go to women’s aid and ask for help or not?
Wa yabu
Wa yanu

OP’s posts: |
Wafflingonagain Mon 18-May-20 23:20:24

Urgh yt you get my drift

OP’s posts: |
Wafflingonagain Mon 18-May-20 23:20:45

But not yt

OP’s posts: |
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Mon 18-May-20 23:22:04

If you're in an abusive relationship then by all means ask womens aid for help. I'm surprised they didn't ask you to do the Freedom Programme when you were with them before though.

Did you stay in a refuge and get re-housed and now you are thinking about doing it again?

Thisisworsethananticpated Mon 18-May-20 23:23:05

Yes OP freedom programme when this is all over
And yes womens aid x

bridgetreilly Mon 18-May-20 23:23:19

If you need help, ask.

Wafflingonagain Mon 18-May-20 23:33:00

But I’m not sure if it’s abusive

OP’s posts: |
Wafflingonagain Mon 18-May-20 23:35:45

I think I’m alone

OP’s posts: |
Wafflingonagain Mon 18-May-20 23:36:19

I will suffer through this
Thank you all

OP’s posts: |
LovingLola Mon 18-May-20 23:37:21

What is he doing that makes you think he is abusive?

Wafflingonagain Mon 18-May-20 23:37:34

Didn’t stay in refuge they helped me find home and we fled

OP’s posts: |
Wafflingonagain Tue 19-May-20 00:08:33

The freedom programme didn’t exist then. Think I’ll have to just suck it up and stay here

OP’s posts: |
Fifawidow Tue 19-May-20 00:42:11

Whats he doing?

Ineedabreak19 Tue 19-May-20 00:50:27

You can do the freedom programme online

However without giving us further details, we're unable to be much help. If you're scared for your safety, call the police on none emergency 101 for advice. Call women's aid too and clear your Internet browser history.

DollyDally Tue 19-May-20 00:50:38

Hi, if you’re not ok and/or need help please contact who helped you, or social services. You are not on your own.

12345kbm Tue 19-May-20 01:00:22

Hi OP, I would listen to your gut which is telling you that something is wrong.

You can contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247 You can call them now, it's 24/7

You can phone Shelter regarding your housing situation and get advice on that as council's now consider those fleeing domestic abuse as 'priority need' but it's best to get advice on that first.

You can rent, it's perfectly fine to leave because of abuse.

CelestialSpanking Tue 19-May-20 01:26:38

Honestly if you feel like something isn’t right then trust your instincts. Contact WA, talk to them about whatever it is that’s bothering you. Some areas still offer the freedom programme other areas offer an updated version of it but either way it would probably be beneficial for you to try and get on one of the courses if and when you can.

Stay safe.

Wafflingonagain Tue 19-May-20 23:22:55

I need to get out. Explaining takes to long. Asking me know who I’m texting must put phone down

OP’s posts: |
Ineedabreak19 Tue 19-May-20 23:28:07

Clear your browser history.

Ineedabreak19 Tue 19-May-20 23:34:38

Log out of websites particularly this one & change passwords regularly. Format your passwords like this so hard to break into:
Symbolwordnumbersymbol so &wordnumber&

Put cash away in a safe space with all your important documents & passport etc in a bag with a set of clothes each of you, snacks & toiletries. Leave it with a trusted friend or family member or in a hard to find space.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »