Talk

Advanced search

To ducking hate Facebook

(11 Posts)
antipodalpizza Mon 18-May-20 20:55:35

My dad died recently.
He had a Facebook account which he never used at all and had no friends on it, I helped him set it up over ten years ago in a different computer, when I had a different name and a different Facebook account, I don't have any of my family on fb as I hardly use it.
Out of blue today Facebook has come up with his name on a people I may know screen. His email address has been deleted already as i cancelled his internet when he had to go into long term care , he didn't have a mobile phone and there is nothing I can think of to connect the account with me,

I am in pieces. I can't add friend, I can't bring myself to remove him.
😰😪 I know I'm pathetic but it hurts.

Settle59 Mon 18-May-20 20:59:11

So sorry to hear about your Dad OP . The facebook this would make me emotional as well. Facebook can be good, but I've also been spectacularly hurt by it.

ChibiTotoro Mon 18-May-20 21:00:42

It's hard isn't it. My gran tried to add me as a friend on FB years ago, but I never accepted her request. She died just over a year ago. Every now and again FB reminds me to accept her friend request and it makes me sad. I don't want to accept it and I can't bring myself to reject it either sad

LilyMarshall Mon 18-May-20 21:03:58

This must be so difficult x Can you report the page? They sometimes change pages of people who had died to memorial pages, rather than have them as standard pages.

StrictlyAFemaleFemale Mon 18-May-20 21:14:42

You can contact fb and have it changed to a memorial page.

Nicknacky Mon 18-May-20 21:18:58

I had the exact same problem after my mum died, it was horrible. And she had no profile picture so it was that creepy shadow. I delegated it to H to sort out but it did reappear a couple more time’s.

My sympathy’s to you for your loss.

BuzzingtheBee Mon 18-May-20 21:19:58

Sorry for your loss, that sounds hard.flowers

antipodalpizza Mon 18-May-20 21:24:40

Yes dads is that creepy shadow too sad

Wendalicious Mon 18-May-20 21:29:06

Sorry to hear that- my mum died 5 years ago and I get the friend anniversary thing with my mum- “you’ve been friends for 10 years” on the wrong day- that kills me xx

antipodalpizza Mon 18-May-20 23:10:28

Thanks..had a bit of a cry and felt a bit less of a fool

Nicknacky Mon 18-May-20 23:44:02

You are not a fool at all. You go onto Facebook for a scroll through lighthearted nonsense and then BAM. You see your dad and it’s a shock.

You just want to have a few minutes of not thinking of it and you are reminded. It’s horrible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »