Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you've ever been a victim of identity fraud and what to do?

(7 Posts)
incognitomum Mon 18-May-20 20:54:42

She said she can't get a credit score been blocked?

OP’s posts: |
Bluebird3456 Mon 18-May-20 20:26:12

Not me but a family member. Action Fraud were also not helpful, the police couldn't take much action but did give advice, but definitely contact them anyway.

Contact CIFAS, they can register you as a victim of fraud and investigate if anyone takes out loans in your name etc.

Cancel your documents - bank cards, passports etc. Report the details as stolen.

Alert your bank, they should have procedures in place.

Get a copy of your credit report so you can see any fraudulent applications and contact the providers. Flag up anything that's not you.

incognitomum Mon 18-May-20 19:52:14

Thanks I feel so sorry for her. She's only young too.

user1519475227 Mon 18-May-20 16:21:17

Yes! Last year, it was a nightmare to deal with.

I had to close my bank account down as they kept setting up direct debits in my name for car loans and insurance. Get onto the bank asap.

Action fraud were useless and only care if it's a business not an individual like wise with the police even tho inhad their names and other details as I had post sent to my address.

It did affect my credit score but after months it's back to how it was but that iant without hours upon hours of phone calls and letters to about 8 different credit companies. Its stressful and emotional dealing with it and the knock on effects can be huge.

incognitomum Mon 18-May-20 16:19:27

Not sure I'll ask her thanks.

Sparklesocks Mon 18-May-20 16:17:31

That’s awful. Has she spoken to action fraud?

incognitomum Mon 18-May-20 16:15:21

A friend has had this happen. She fell for an email scam and now they've got UC in her name. Police can't help. They have her name address dob even passport number. She's so stressed. Any advice appreciated. TIA

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in