Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how the hell I’m still pregnant?

(108 Posts)
sinustrain Mon 18-May-20 14:33:21

Last time I saw DP was on March 19th, so earliest I could be is 10W4D.

On 22nd of March I began to spot, and then the next day had absolutely horrendous horrendous cramps and heavy clotty bleeding that left me being sick and bed bound. Then it continued like a normal period until March 31st. Except it clearly wasn’t a normal period and I assumed it must have been a MC. Don’t give it much thought once it ends.

Then on April 27th my period comes as normal. Usual flow, lasts 6 days. I assume everything is back to normal post ‘miscarriage’.

Except for the past week I’ve been feeling incredibly odd. Mid-back pain, indigestion even though I’ve not been eating much, dizziness when standing up. Yesterday I took a spare P test I had lying around just to pass some time, not expecting it to be positive at all. Except it was.

I’m absolutely stunned. How has baby survived both bouts of bleeding, the first of which was way heavier than a normal bleed? I’ve managed to get an appointment for Wednesday but I just can’t comprehend it. Has this happened to anybody else?

OP’s posts: |
MabelX Thu 21-May-20 11:53:28

How are you today @sinustrain? Have you managed to speak to your DP? daffodil

Chinchinatti Thu 21-May-20 05:02:35

congratulations. I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Brenna24 Wed 20-May-20 22:15:33

Congratulations. I hope that your DP is happy.

Meandmyhamsterheadagain Tue 19-May-20 23:42:50

Congratulations! Whilst shocking, I'm pleased baby is well.
Good luck, hope your DP responds positively x

viewfromthecouch Tue 19-May-20 16:52:42

Congratulations, OP. I hope your DP responds positively. Do remember he'll be as shocked as you are, especially if you never mentioned the heavy bleeding episodes.

elbanabanana Tue 19-May-20 16:16:12

Oh I am so pleased for you OP! You do have some difficult conversations ahead now, but at least you know what's going on now.

Poppy146 Tue 19-May-20 16:11:07

Congratulations OP what wonderful news but such a huge shock regardless flowers

What is it that is making you feel depressed? Keeping talking here if you need to. We'll hold your hand as you tell your DP

anothernamechangeagain Tue 19-May-20 15:58:36

Start taking some pregnancy vitamins if you're continuing with the pregnancy xx

anothernamechangeagain Tue 19-May-20 15:57:20

So you're about 11 weeks then? In good time to get your scan at least.
I hope your dp reacts well and if he doesn't, I hope you have support.

I'm 13 weeks with my second so just a couple of weeks ahead of you, if you need to chat then send me a private mail.

thanks

Inthepurplerain Tue 19-May-20 15:51:42

Aww congratulations op!

What’s your Dps general feeling towards having children?

sinustrain Tue 19-May-20 15:47:35

Managed to get a scan today. There is a healthy baby in there and it does look as though conception happened March 19.

They found no obvious reason for the bleeding, but have said since the April bleed was late and lighter than a usual period it is likely that is the last of it. But also if it comes back to not panic and contact them again.

One of the people I saw suggested that me taking the pill sporadically and on and off around the time of conception perhaps caused a hormone inbalance and is a potential explanation?

Glad baby is okay but yet I also feel depressed and don’t know what to say to DP. I feel sick.

whoopso Tue 19-May-20 12:24:21

You need a scan. And don't rule out October. I bled monthly throughout my pregnancies. With one of them I only found out way down the line. I was 26 weeks

macaroniandpizza Tue 19-May-20 12:18:26

Hope your okay op flowers

Strawberrypancakes Tue 19-May-20 12:14:51

You really need to get checked out today OP

GrandTheftWalrus Tue 19-May-20 12:12:53

Hope you got seen today OP

Newschapter Tue 19-May-20 11:31:44

I hope you get an appointment today. Thinking of you. flowers

sinustrain Mon 18-May-20 22:01:29

It’s tough trying not to get attached to the idea of a baby but realistically I may not end up with one. I’m nervous and the whole situation feels crap

Pieceofpurplesky Mon 18-May-20 21:01:26

Hope you get seen ASAP OP

anothernamechangeagain Mon 18-May-20 20:47:45

If you conceived around 3rd March you'd be about 13 weeks now.

Inthepurplerain Mon 18-May-20 20:41:20

I hope you get the answer you’re looking for OP x

MarshmallowsOnToast Mon 18-May-20 20:39:48

Please keep us posted OP.

sinustrain Mon 18-May-20 20:37:44

@VenusTiger I’ve been looking at that and seems quite common. Of course I hope that’s not the case but you have to wonder. I think back to all of the blood and cramps and wonder how on earth the baby pulled through it. So lost twin does seem a valid explanation.

sinustrain Mon 18-May-20 20:35:56

@birdling I’m pretty sure the absolute earliest baby could have been conceived is March 3. Possibly it could have happened at some point in February but I can’t really remember. Last time I had sex before that was October which was protected. I wish I could try calculate from my February period but as I was taking the pill sporadically I think everything is a bit off on that front. If it was March 3rd I’d just be going into second trimester now I think?

VenusTiger Mon 18-May-20 20:33:26

@sinustrain as I suggested earlier up thread, could have lost a twin?

birdling Mon 18-May-20 20:24:38

Doesn't the linea negra typically show up in the 2nd trimester onwards?
Could you be even further along than you think? Especially with the alternate rib pain.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in