Talk

Advanced search

To think the EA is trying it on?

(5 Posts)
AJPTaylor Mon 18-May-20 13:32:13

Given that they only get paid when it sells, I doubt it.

bridgetreilly Mon 18-May-20 12:53:56

They may be trying it on, or they may be working from home while trying to look after two toddlers, help their older children with schoolwork, shop for elderly relatives who are shielding, and you know, just hold it all together for five minutes to do their actual job.

Finfintytint Mon 18-May-20 12:52:24

My estate agent is working from home and are only listening to the office answerphone so everything is taking a long time. Any viewing will be on line so that may take time to set up.

SunbathingDragon Mon 18-May-20 12:51:32

Unfortunately lots of EA are fairly rubbish and in my experience when it comes to moving house it’s the buyer and seller that seem to do most of the chasing and not the EA or conveyancer despite the money they get!

lockdownlucylu Mon 18-May-20 12:48:49

Made an offer to buy a property just before lockdown, I was in second/third place - was able to move quickest and lowest risk but was offering around 2% lower than the next highest.

Now contacted to ask if I am still interested - I am. Have been trying firm up plans for viewing but each time it is me who has to chase the EA - calling, leaving messages, calling again. Is this standard??

My offer is a good one and they are not putting the property back on the market so cant imagine its that they think I am a timewaster. Can anyone shed any light?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in