Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you have done today?

(132 Posts)
SquishyBones Sun 17-May-20 11:48:38

God it’s so fucking boring! What are people actually doing with their time?

I got up at 7am. Lounged on the couch until 9am. Took the dog for a walk, got back at 10am.

Since then I’ve hoovered up, polished and put a wash on. And it’s still not even 12pm 😩

HasaDigaEebowai Sun 17-May-20 11:49:42

We're painting. Its boring but I'll be pleased when its done

vanillandhoney Sun 17-May-20 11:51:51

Had a lie in and coffee in bed.
Housework.
Had a shower.
Breakfast.
Now messing about online and listening to music. DH is outside dismantling a shed.

mymadworld Sun 17-May-20 11:53:27

Literally bugger all! Late night so didn't get up until 9 then DH made us full English around 10am and then sat for the past 2 hours with the kids playing card games and drinking coffee. Poker initiation complete and turns out dc (10) is really rather good grin. Just trying to motivate everyone into showering and going out for some gardening and a walk.

Cliffdiver Sun 17-May-20 11:54:14

Ate a smoked salmon bagel on the sofa whilst DDs watched TV.

Washed and hung out washing.

Cooking a roast.

Came 2nd on online Monopoly.

Phifedean123 Sun 17-May-20 11:56:56

Up at 7am with two year old (actually a lie in for us)
Went for a walk down the beach for an hour and a half before it started getting busy
Now back for lunch and I am going to nap when he does (fingers crossed he naps were both done in from running over the sand dunes)

Alymcnabs Sun 17-May-20 11:57:08

Had a cuppa in bed
Got up at 9.30
Took dogs for a walk
Put meat in to roast
Prepped veg
Now Mumsnetting with a cuppa before I get in the shower

Mauhea Sun 17-May-20 11:59:24

Very little so far, much the same as every day for the last few weeks! Got up at 8, had a cup of coffee and a banana while I checked in on my Animal Crossing island. About 9:30 did some yoga. Just ate brunch and have watched more YouTube videos of people trolling scammers than I care to admit. Might pick up my cross stitch later, might go for a walk but that will depend on the levels of can-be-arsed-ness.

Off furlough and back to work for at least 3 weeks from tomorrow so at least I'll have something different to do!

BumDiggyDiggyDiggyBumDiggyBum Sun 17-May-20 12:00:07

I got up about half 7. Came downstairs and farted about in my phone drinking my berroca.

Then did my exercises. A bum workout and a leg workout. Then day 11 of my leg and abs challenges.

DD got up and I made her breakfast and my bulletproof coffee. Tidied the kitchen and cleared the fridge in prep for Asda coming. Put that away. DP got up, made him food.

Making myself some bacon now then I’m going for a shower. I’m teaching myself how to knit during lockdown so I’m putting the first row of a patchwork blanket together this afternoon. Then another 150 or so pages of book art before making dinner.

After dinner a roller skate round the estate, Bath DD and bed.

I’m forcing myself to stay busy!

Bleepbloopblarp Sun 17-May-20 12:02:53

Got up an hour ago (very bad nights sleep) am now on my third cup of tea looking at mumsnet in my pj’s!

Will get dressed in a minute, make bacon butties for everyone then go for a power walk. Dh and I plan to take the kids for a walk later if it doesn’t rain. Then cooking a roast. Ds’s gf is coming round (he’s not seen her since March) and we’re going to sit in the garden and eat. Not really allowed I know but he’s been so down not seeing her I’m a bit beyond caring now. Don’t see the difference between them sitting in the park or sitting in the garden!

Macncheeseballs Sun 17-May-20 12:02:53

Do some exercise if you're bored, or learn a new language, or a new skill, or craft, or dance routine, or read a book, or watch tv, learn to do a handstand, paint a picture of your dog, bake a dog shaped cake, learn to belly dance, failing all those, go on mumsnet, the list of things you could do is endless

lovinglavidaloca Sun 17-May-20 12:04:20

I couldn’t sleep till well after 4 so had a lie in and have only really been up an hour. Still in jammies and sitting reading my book on my iPad. Quite happy! Will finish it off then do some tidying.

KerryMucklowe Sun 17-May-20 12:04:24

Got up with youngest and the puppy at 7, fed and watered them.
Watched classic Corrie for an hour and then DH got up.
Shower, dressed and me and youngest deep cleaned the living room (I didn't make her she likes the hoover and cleaning the windows 😂).
DH started cooking Sunday lunch and now I'm sat being annoyed by teenage girls who have got out of bed.

Walnutwhipster Sun 17-May-20 12:04:47

Having a long soak in the bath it's my Birthday. DH is prepping a BBQ and DD is finishing off my cake.

SquishyBones Sun 17-May-20 12:05:55

I must get out of this mindset that you’re not allowed to watch tv or films during the day! I don’t know if it’s an old childhood rule that has stuck or what but it feels so naughty and lazy

Newschapter Sun 17-May-20 12:06:58

I had a lie in til about 10.30am.

Dh brought me coffee in bed and I'm just sitting reading Mumsnet before I get up and make some brunch.

I'm up early every day through the week and Saturday so usually enjoy a Sunday lie in.

SquishyBones Sun 17-May-20 12:07:02

What exercise videos is everyone watching? Anything free on YouTube?

Sarahlou63 Sun 17-May-20 12:07:20

Feed the horses, distributed a bale of hay, forked up 2 large wheelbarrows of poo. Will do the same tonight. And tomorrow morning. And tomorrow night....

Plucked a chicken, first time ever! DP did the deed and also gutted and cleaned it. Now in the fridge for 48 hours. It was quite old in chicken terms so will sous vide it rather than roasting.

Pulled all the remaining nesperas off the tree and sorted out the last good ones to make into liquer. In the past few days I've made nespera jam, pitted and frozen about a million and made a nespera upside down cake. Goats, chickens and I are now sick of them. Can't leave them to fall naturally as one of the dogs adores the stones which have cyanide in them shock

About to watch Andrew Marr on catchup and then siesta time.

Sarahlou63 Sun 17-May-20 12:08:02

Happy birthday @Walnutwhipster

lovinglavidaloca Sun 17-May-20 12:08:18

You sound a bit like my parents Squishy. They’d be appalled to see me sitting here after 12 in my jammies reading and same if I was watching tv.

Wewearpinkonwednesdays Sun 17-May-20 12:08:25

I've just woke up, so nothing yet!

bigchris Sun 17-May-20 12:09:43

I've been for a walk, had a bath and now cooking a roast

If I didn't live so far away I'd sit in my parents garden

FlowerArranger Sun 17-May-20 12:09:47

I'm halfway through painting the bathroom.

Tip of the day: do NOT b y Will bathroom paint. It's crap.

Do I persist or call it a day? Maybe add some impressionistic sponging effect?

Is Jocasta Innes on MN?

Sigh.

bigchris Sun 17-May-20 12:11:00

Oh and the sunday night blues are starting sad

FlowerArranger Sun 17-May-20 12:11:03

Do not buy Wilko bathroom paint!!!

Bloody autocorrect

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »