Talk

Advanced search

To ask why on earth my babies tongue is orange?

(7 Posts)
Rainbowchampagne Sun 17-May-20 09:08:47

I’ve noticed my 11 week old has a coating on her tongue after feeding (normal) but recently it’s tinged a bit orange towards the back.

I thought it might be thrush but she doesn’t have any other symptoms and is feeding completely fine and isn’t otherwise a fussy baby, she has no reflux problems either.

Dr google isn’t offering much help, I thought it may be the formula (SMA) it already makes her poo a bit green, luckily HV said that was normal.

I thought I would check if anyone else has experienced this before contacting HV tomorrow

OP’s posts: |
Rainbowchampagne Sun 17-May-20 09:12:22

Definitely didn’t mean to enable voting 🤦‍♀️

legalseagull Sun 17-May-20 09:18:41

Can you take a photo? It's hard to imagine an orange tongue. Does the baby otherwise seem ok?

Rainbowchampagne Sun 17-May-20 09:25:19

@legalseagull that would be a smart idea 🤦‍♀️ Yeah she’s fine, happy to play, sleeping normally etc

BertiesLanding Sun 17-May-20 09:30:45

This might help?

legalseagull Sun 17-May-20 09:31:17

Oh yea I see what you mean. My babies have always had the white coating. Tbh I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they seem happy but if you're worried could you call your GP tomorrow and email them a photo?

Rainbowchampagne Sun 17-May-20 09:37:18

@BertiesLanding thank you!

@legalseagull yeah I wasn’t bothered about it until I thought I’d better just google check and the only thing is thrush, I guess I’d better still check with HV just in case it is but she’s just not bothered by it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »