Talk

Advanced search

DH uses 4 pairs of underwear a day!

(116 Posts)
RoLaren Sat 16-May-20 20:18:50

Lighthearted thread smile

AIBU to think this is excessive?!

He cycles to work so wears two pairs in case of ahem sweatiness soaking through on his work trousers. When he gets there he changes into a fresh pair. After work he cycles home, has a shower (key worker) then dons a fourth and final pair.

Four bloody pairs for every work day!

AIBU or is he?

OP’s posts: |
Leobynature Sat 16-May-20 20:20:11

😂 sweaty balls is never ok.

Destroyedpeople Sat 16-May-20 20:21:53

Well I did think it sounded excessive but with the cycling and so on its ok. At least he is not a smelly fucker anyway. ..

Northernsoullover Sat 16-May-20 20:22:37

I think that's about right given his activity level. As long as he does his own washing.

dementedma Sat 16-May-20 20:23:19

I hope he does his share of the laundry. 28 pairs of boxers in a week just from one person

TooMinty Sat 16-May-20 20:23:54

Can't he wear different trousers to cycle in? One pair of pants and trousers to cycle there, change pants and into work trousers when he arrives. Cycle home in same. Shower then pjs on.

PotholeParadise Sat 16-May-20 20:24:04

Doesn't wearing two pairs at once make him sweat more?

RoLaren Sat 16-May-20 20:24:52

This is a man who doesn't wash up because the washing up liquid 'irritates his hands' confused

OP’s posts: |
ShredMeJillianIWantToBeNatalie Sat 16-May-20 20:25:05

I think he’d be better off going commando (as is usual) under cycling shorts or trousers then putting on a pair of pants and trousers at work.

Bienentrinkwasser Sat 16-May-20 20:25:13

Madness. Why doesn’t he wear proper cycling shorts and then change at work? He’s carting two pairs of pants around with him anyway!

BruceAndNosh Sat 16-May-20 20:25:23

Washing boxers isn't onerous, is it?
Open machine, chuck em in, turn on machine.
I'm sure your DH could manage it.

100% cotton shirts are another matter

VodselForDinner Sat 16-May-20 20:25:41

Well, if he’s a key worker then.

PlanDeRaccordement Sat 16-May-20 20:25:45

Strange. Since he’s changing after he cycles to work, why is he cycling in work trousers? I’d wear leggings or cycle shorts....
What would he do if a bus or car splashed mud all over his work trousers? Or (and this happened to me once) a loose dog jumped him and tore them?

UnitedRoad Sat 16-May-20 20:26:13

I think it’s fine. It’s not as though they take up much room in the washing machine. Small price to pay for a non-cheesy balls smelling husband!

Imagine how much worse it would be if he was one of those men who never changed his underwear.

Dreeple Sat 16-May-20 20:26:32

Washing up liquid plays Hell with my hands.

waitingforadulthood Sat 16-May-20 20:26:33

I don’t think he should be cycling in his work wear. That’s disgusting. He should have travelling clothes, and change into his work clothes once there surely? Otherwise two pairs or no the sweat and smell will be inflicted upon his colleagues?

PlanDeRaccordement Sat 16-May-20 20:27:32

“washing up liquid 'irritates his hands'”
To be fair, it irritates my hands. If I don’t wear gloves, it will chap my hands. The skin will dry and crack along my knuckles until they bleed.

DartmoorChef Sat 16-May-20 20:27:50

He can wash up wearing marigolds... They make blue ones just for men... wink

TooMinty Sat 16-May-20 20:28:51

Well I try to avoid washing up because it triggers my eczema but I still do most of the laundry and 99% of the cooking. Does he do a reasonable split of housework? Or is the 4 pairs of boxers driving you mad because he just creates work for you and does no housework?

damnthatanxiety Sat 16-May-20 20:30:40

TooMinty I think cycling in work pants is a bit odd too. But tbh, wearing cycling pants and changing into fresh pants and trousers doesn't save on laundry. It means fewer pants but am extra pair of cycling pants to wash daily. No gain.

topcat2014 Sat 16-May-20 20:31:16

Washing up liquid is surprisingly hazardous - fellow eczema sufferer here.

But - in my defence - I do have 'manly' yellow washing up gloves!

mrscampbellblackagain Sat 16-May-20 20:31:22

Am I being dim, he wears two pairs of pants on his bike ride to work and then changes into a fresh pair when he gets there?

Why not just wear bike shorts to work and shower/change when he gets there?

CatBatCat Sat 16-May-20 20:33:03

No, he's trying to get out of doing the washing up. But the pants thing, I can't get mad at someone trying to keep clean and comfortable.

VaggieMight Sat 16-May-20 20:33:04

Cycling to work in his work trousers is a bit odd, but I prefer that to seeing colleagues in their Lycra cycling shorts walking around the office.

If I run in the morning I wear a fresh pair of knickers, then shower and put on knickers for work then in the evening I put on a new pair, so that's three pairs, so it sounds about right to me. I'm not really getting wearing two pairs though.

mrscampbellblackagain Sat 16-May-20 20:35:45

Thinking more on this, if he anticpates getting so sweaty on his bike ride to work he would sweat through two pairs of pants - he should be showering and doing a complete change of clothes at work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »