Talk

Advanced search

To ask whether anyone who voted Conservative regrets it now?

(761 Posts)
Lifestyleinlondon88 Sat 16-May-20 18:40:08

I would very curious to see if anyone would have voted differently, or if they had the chance to change their vote now would you?

Clancey Sat 16-May-20 18:47:17

They’d never admit it OP.

If only Jeremy Corbyn had straightened his glasses things could’ve been so different.

Pollyputthepizzaon Sat 16-May-20 18:48:58

God know. The economy needs a strong hand to come back. Corbyn would have made the problem 200 x worse. Borrowing out of control and printing money like there was no problem! Inflation would be terrifying levels.

Mystraightenersarebroken Sat 16-May-20 18:49:03

gringringrin

Pollyputthepizzaon Sat 16-May-20 18:49:19

*god no.

Sorry, talking to kids and typing.

BamboozledandBefuddled Sat 16-May-20 18:49:32

I haven't seen anyone admit to that for a few weeks.

HeIsAVeryBadBoy Sat 16-May-20 18:50:10

I dread to think how Labour would've managed Brexit and COVID-19.

I'm not saying the Tories are doing well, but I'd much rather have them at the helm than Corbyn.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 16-May-20 18:50:32

I highly doubt it. The Conservatives are idolized by both the rich and the poor.
They could kill kittens and puppies and still get back in.

majesticallyawkward Sat 16-May-20 18:50:57

Nope, corbyn would have been 10000x worse

namechangecareerchange Sat 16-May-20 18:52:34

I'm a Tory voter, and certainly don't regret it.

Genuinely I'm really happy to be questioned - as long as you're polite. 👍

Maybe i should start "I'm a Tory voter, AMA".

AllTheWhoresOfMalta Sat 16-May-20 18:53:21

Oh wow, we got to THREE WHOLE POSTS IN before some said words to the effect of “but Corbyn would have done a worse job”. Amazing. Thank God he wasn’t elected, BoJo and his Cabinet of Brexit Yes Men are doing SUCH a good job.

TheRoyallingStones Sat 16-May-20 18:53:49

Voted labour, would still vote labour

It’s actually hysterical seeing people say that labour would’ve done a worse job than BoZo

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 16-May-20 18:54:22

No, no regrets.

ginsparkles Sat 16-May-20 18:55:10

No regrets here.

bloodybored Sat 16-May-20 18:56:55

Nope absolutely no regrets

recycledteenager24 Sat 16-May-20 18:58:13

have never voted labour always tory not that's anybody elses business.

roarfeckingroar Sat 16-May-20 18:58:44

Absolutely not.

The idea of Corbyn, Diane Abbott etc in charge... dear god.

justonecottonpickingminute Sat 16-May-20 18:59:16

The "but Corbyn though..." is an amusing meme, but also a material point.

A lot of people who could not bring themselves to vote for a hard-left ideologue supported by a Mao's Red Book-waving Chancellor and a bunch of id pol-obsessed misogynists would have voted for Keir Starmer.

I'd rather have Starmer managing Brexit and Covid than Johnson; but I would NOT rather have Corbyn than Johnson.

(I voted for neither; I spoiled my ballot paper for the first time in my life.)

Gallacia Sat 16-May-20 18:59:58

Corbyn would've said lockdown is against our human rights and probably encouraged the spread

Alymcnabs Sat 16-May-20 19:00:51

I voted Tory for the first time ever. I could not and will not ever see Jeremy Corbyn as PM. I’m Welsh. Plaid Cymru are too militant for me.

I will now vote Labour, as usual. Kier Starmer looks like he could lead the UK effectively. Early days yet but I hope he can prove himself worthy as leader.

TheFuckingDogs Sat 16-May-20 19:00:53

They’ll never admit it 😏

Lostvoiced Sat 16-May-20 19:01:44

Honestly I dont see how it could have been handled worse.
Unless you think Corbyn would have encouraged open mouth kissing in hospital hallways.

Torys have fucked up.
But I dont expect anyone to admit that.

Bloomburger Sat 16-May-20 19:02:32

Nope, I dread to think what Corbyn would have done if he had been in charge, he would already have emptied the coffers giving everyone free fibre broadband and nationalising everything he could.

I loved the way the left had a go at Boris' dad because he said he was going to the pub but none of them have mentioned brother Corbyn being arrested today for taking part in a protest because 'COVID is just made up to control people.'

Shelley54 Sat 16-May-20 19:03:50

No regrets at all.

And even if the PP shakes her head in left-wing disappointment, Cronyn would have been fucking useless too. Except more dangerous.

nobodyimportant Sat 16-May-20 19:04:51

If only Jeremy Corbyn had straightened his glasses things could’ve been so different.

The absolute irony of people voting for Boris because they thought Corbyn was scruffy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »