Talk

Advanced search

To want to change my number plate?

(32 Posts)
CleanIsBlissful Sat 16-May-20 18:13:58

It's awful! It is something along the lines of 'anal 69'. It is NOT a personalised number plate. Is there a way to request a new one or would it have to be personalised?

I hate it. I know threads about another thread aren't aloud really but that's what got me starting this one - it looks awful and like it has been personalised to be rude.

I'm a woman of class! blush

OP’s posts: |
Icedlatte Sat 16-May-20 18:14:40

Yeah I'd change it. No idea how that's done, but I would.

CleanIsBlissful Sat 16-May-20 18:16:13

Iced Thanks, it's been bothering me since I got it late January

Hingeandbracket Sat 16-May-20 18:16:36

Maybe if it's that obviously dodgy some bellend will pay you for it - then the DVLA will issue a different age-related plate. So maybe you could make money out of it.

Pelleas Sat 16-May-20 18:16:45

I expect there's someone out there who'd pay a fortune for it!

PeppasMuddyPuddles Sat 16-May-20 18:17:35

I would change it, and tbh if you've had it since january I would already have changed it!
Not sure if theres any other way of doing it though than getting a personalised one.

SkelingtonArgument Sat 16-May-20 18:18:09

DVLA does not permit offensive number plates. If yours is truly offensive, you’ll be able to sell it, I expect there would be a lot of interest

nicannie Sat 16-May-20 18:19:17

There's no way to change it without getting a personalised one, they don't always need to cost a fortune though so just have a look around! Ps I'd also change it if it was that bad

CleanIsBlissful Sat 16-May-20 18:19:34

I just cringe to think of all the giggles and shocked drivers I've had behind me at the rear having a laugh at it whilst driving sad

PhoneLock Sat 16-May-20 18:21:09

If it's truly offensive, the DVLA are likely just to withdraw it.

ShirleyPhallus Sat 16-May-20 18:21:26

I just cringe to think of all the giggles and shocked drivers I've had behind me at the rear

Trying to get yourself in to classics?!

CleanIsBlissful Sat 16-May-20 18:24:33

Phone Do I need to report it?

WillSomebodyThinkOfTheChildren Sat 16-May-20 18:25:42

Sell it !

LudaMusser Sat 16-May-20 18:30:44

Buy a cheap £250 plate from the DVLA

Purpletigers Sat 16-May-20 18:32:38

My sister bought a car and the number plate was Vag something ? She re registered it .

BayandBlonde Sat 16-May-20 18:35:47

I had a number plate ending in CUW it was just awful. I all I could see was CUM.

Change your plate OP grin

EmbarrassedUser Sat 16-May-20 18:37:28

Am I the only one desperate to know what it actually is? 😆🤣

AnneKipanki Sat 16-May-20 19:25:50

I am surprised it was released . They are usually careful these days.

avroroad Sat 16-May-20 19:28:30

DVLA does not permit offensive number plates.

L6 UNT exists. I have never seen a better one.

SachaStark Sat 16-May-20 19:31:51

Haha, oh bless you, OP! I have to admit, I would find it very funny, and probably keep it for the laughs!

But if it’s not going to make you smile, I would change it. Could you maybe sell the plate? There’s bound to be some silly rich young lads out there who’d want a plate like that.

pigsDOfly Sat 16-May-20 19:32:14

Was just going to say more or less the same as AnneKipanki.

DVLA is very careful about making sure number plates are not offensive or could be thought to be rude or obscene.

Anything resembling the number plate you're suggesting would not be allowed.

Are you sure your eyes are not deceiving you or you have an over vivid imagination?

PhoneLock Sat 16-May-20 20:29:49

L6 UNT exists. I have never seen a better one

You obviously do need a vivid imagination. That just looked L6 UNT to me. Without the context of the previous few posts, it probably still would.

PhoneLock Sat 16-May-20 20:30:50

Looked like

avroroad Sat 16-May-20 20:32:09

You obviously do need a vivid imagination. That just looked L6 UNT to me. Without the context of the previous few posts, it probably still would.

Really?

I don't think you need a vivid imagination for that.

DaveMinion Sat 16-May-20 20:52:22

One of my neighbours has BJ10 VLY without spaces. It makes me vom in my mouth every time I see it 🤢

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »