Talk

Advanced search

To think it’s about time @MNHQ stepped up and did something about the teacher bashing.

(883 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SachaStark Sat 16-May-20 00:08:26

This evening has been AWFUL here on the AIBU board.

@MNHQ, at what point do you actually plan to intervene and do something about the sheer number of teacher bashing threads, and individual posts? Should we expect any kind of moderation?

Or, is this in fact, “all in the spirit of Mumsnet”? Because at the moment, you’re making it look a darn sight like you agree by proxy.

ilikebigbuttsandicannotlie Sat 16-May-20 00:09:23

Yes, it would be great if @mnhq actually stepped up.

NeverTwerkNaked Sat 16-May-20 00:10:10

Or maybe teachers should realise that parents have every right to be upset if their children aren't getting any education.

ballsdeep Sat 16-May-20 00:12:31

Or maybe teachers are afraid of passing the virus to their families and own children?!?
I'm getting annoyed with the constant teacher bashing too. It relentless and MNHQ just lets it go on. So annoying

SachaStark Sat 16-May-20 00:12:53

It’s the middle of a pandemic, @NeverTwerkNaked, grow up.

@MNHQ, see? Posters like this, as just one example.

Cherrysoup Sat 16-May-20 00:12:54

We’re doing what management tell us to do. If you want to complain, please go to the headteacher not individual,teachers. So far, we’ve been told to prepare then mark individual,lessons, from after half term, we’re doing projects. I’m thoroughly pissed off, believe me, but have had no answer from management.

Hedgehog44 Sat 16-May-20 00:13:46

Well it's ok to bash everyone else 🤷🏼‍♀️

giggly Sat 16-May-20 00:15:26

In all the years I’ve been on MN if you are in the least bit critical of teachers you immediately get jumped on and flamed for “teacher bashing” just sayingsmile

CuppaZa Sat 16-May-20 00:16:16

I reckon MNHQ must agree by proxy @SachaStark hmm

Nicknacky Sat 16-May-20 00:16:54

Why should they step in? People can have an opinion unless it breaches guidelines.

VashtaNerada Sat 16-May-20 00:17:25

It is relentless and exhausting. The trouble is, we’d need to be absolutely clear that parents can still raise legitimate questions or concerns, as opposed to just being an arsehole.
I think it’s important to remember the arseholes are in the minority. I’ve had so many lovely messages from parents over the last few weeks who recognise and appreciate everything we’re doing. They’ve been totally understanding about the lack of clarity over return to school, and understand that none of this is our fault. Thank god for them to be honest, it is hard when online parents seem to act so differently to parents in RL.

JaniceBattersby Sat 16-May-20 00:17:53

Good idea OP. When are they also going to step in and stop the journalist bashing, because I’ve had enough of that too. And ‘greedy care home bosses’ because they’ve come in for some stick here. Oh, and website owners. They can’t catch a break at the moment here either.

SachaStark Sat 16-May-20 00:19:15

Definitely @CuppaZa, in which case I’m raising the point that you’re asking us to PAY for this service, @MNHQ?

I reckon there’s got to be a fair number of educational providers who are members here, who are currently being continually insulted, and having our professionalism questioned. And you have the audacity to ask us to PAY for that kind of abuse?

AnneLovesGilbert Sat 16-May-20 00:19:34

Would this be better on Site stuff?

ChardonnaysPetDragon Sat 16-May-20 00:19:34

People have been comparing how their schools deal with the situation and of course some schools don’t do a good job, why is fair criticism seen as bashing?

If you are unhappy with a post then trouser it.

ChardonnaysPetDragon Sat 16-May-20 00:20:06

Guiltyfeminist1 Sat 16-May-20 00:21:09

I can't speak for the whole profession, but I am working non stop to make this shitshow bearable for the pupils in my class. Comments like this are incredibly demoralizing. All NHS workers are dubbed 'heroes' (incidentally my best friend who is an A&E nurse says her remote hospital has never been so quiet and feels embarrassed that people are clapping for her) yet we are work shy, not doing our job etc when the reality (in most cases) couldn't be further from the truth.

SachaStark Sat 16-May-20 00:21:26

I quite like “trouser it”, @ChardonnaysPetDragon! Sounds rather whimsically violent.

It’s beyond just reporting a few posters now, anyway.

finneganlikesvinnegan Sat 16-May-20 00:22:10

Trouser it grin

fodderbeet Sat 16-May-20 00:25:27

If we're not allowed to criticise teachers, can I add farmers to the list too? I'm bloody bored of a lifetime of put downs and farmer-bashing when you need me every single day of your life.

Or we can just all man the fuck and carry on. Just leave if you don't like it. Lots of other forums available.

ChardonnaysPetDragon Sat 16-May-20 00:27:47

Sorry!

Jojobar Sat 16-May-20 00:28:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

pooiepooie25 Sat 16-May-20 00:33:10

Oh Jojobar again- how lovely ... when even the BMA agrees with the teaching unions- maybe you should listen.

Institutkarite Sat 16-May-20 00:33:38

@ChardonnaysPetDragon
That's one interesting autocorrect. Trouser for report!
I think that MNHQ should do far more about the vicious replies everywhere. Not just teachers, it's all over this site. Vicious nasty cruelty everywhere.
I suppose we all should realise that this is a business not a friendly little chat room.
It's in Justine's interest to get more and more users. Helps with the advertising, dontcha know.
The shit stirring outrage brings the users, aka the product to the site.

BlessYourCottonSocks Sat 16-May-20 00:37:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »