Talk

Advanced search

Business “gurus” can all sod off

(6 Posts)
Grumpylockeddownwoman Fri 15-May-20 21:27:43

I run a business. I’m lucky, we’ve done ok during this time. However i know it’s bloody hard and am sad for some clients who are really struggling.

Possibly it’s because of the environment that I’m in, but all I see Fb, LinkedIn etc is so called “gurus@ suggesting that people need to just “pivot” or “be disruptive” to make their business survive... or “now is the best time to invest in yourself” (while trying to flog a course or coaching etc.

Aibu to be thoroughly fed up of it

OP’s posts: |
PenisBeakerDipper Fri 15-May-20 21:31:37

Seen a few on Facebook, often with no discernable credentials themselves.

It’s a sad time for many businesses. I’m on maternity leave, have had to take a 20% pay cut and am sure my job will be dissolved anyway. I am, however, excited to see the inevitable innovation this will spark. Seeing some of the small local businesses reinvent themselves in record time has been really interesting and impressive.

speakout Fri 15-May-20 21:35:17

I haven't seen any of these ads.
I have a small business, can't see how a "guru" would help.

My revenue has doubled since lockdown.

Grumpylockeddownwoman Fri 15-May-20 21:40:49

@PenisBeakerDipper so true. At one stage I was trying to find a business coach - I found those who got in touch had never actually either run a business, nor even been high up in anyone else’s

Grumpylockeddownwoman Fri 15-May-20 21:49:51

@speakout that’s great news

ChrissieKeller61 Fri 15-May-20 21:54:08

There's one in my industry, less than two years in the trenches and no records broken when they were despite it being the most lucrative market in 20 years and for £500 a day you can be trained by them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »