Talk

Advanced search

Maternity clothes but not pregnant

(14 Posts)
UnicornAndSparkles Fri 15-May-20 18:31:31

Purchased a lovely work dress that I've now realised is maternity. I'm not pregnant. I do have a big tummy thanks to the lockdown treats I inexplicably can't resist. AIBU to keep it and wear it to the office?! Its got a lovely stretchy waist!

OP’s posts: |
BeingATwatItsABingThing Fri 15-May-20 18:37:51

I had a lovely maternity coat and dress from when I was pregnant with DD. I have carried on wearing both and she’s now 6. I have the excuse of being pregnant again but have definitely worn it whilst not pregnant.

Ihaveamind Fri 15-May-20 18:42:44

I have a work dress from Dorothy Perkins that I found out was maternity after I washed it the first time. Skims my belly beautifully wink

ShirleyPhallus Fri 15-May-20 18:46:12

I’m not pregnant anymore but definitely gonna keep wearing maternity jeans, they’re so much more comfortable than normal ones!

Slumcat Fri 15-May-20 19:02:43

Still in my nursing bras, my son is 5, it’s fine if you like it wear it

TheCanyon Fri 15-May-20 19:25:59

I wish I kept my maternity jeans, so damn comfortable

Alloftheboys Fri 15-May-20 19:31:17

Just check the hem is level all the way round when you wear it.
Maternity dresses often have extra material at the front so the hem is lower at the front.

UnicornAndSparkles Fri 15-May-20 19:39:36

Thanks ladies. And excellent tip about the hem. I will check! I dont want work thinking I'm pregnant (again, dd is 2) as I'm up for promotion soon and sadly a baby bump would get in the way of this (isn't that awful?!) But it is a lovely dress and skims my lumps and bumps!

OP’s posts: |
dochas06 Fri 15-May-20 19:44:23

I still wear my maternity jeans. So comfy.

Sparklesocks Fri 15-May-20 19:52:53

If it’s comfy and you like it, go for it

Ginkypig Fri 15-May-20 20:01:14

I used to quite like a couple of pairs maternity jeans I had because not only were they pull on but they sit better because so often jeans are so low waisted!

Jojo19834 Fri 15-May-20 20:02:55

I’m pregnant but pre pregnancy I had bought some maternity jeans as hate the tight waist band. Now I have a maternity wardrobe I think there will be a lot that I carry on wearing!

Bibijayne Fri 15-May-20 20:46:21

I wear my nursing bras when I want light support but a slouchy day. Lush. I have a few maxi dresses I wore when pregnant that I still wear. They hide a multitude of sins.

PlatoAteMySnozcumber Fri 15-May-20 20:53:53

I had a fabulous paid of ‘big dinner’ leggings that I discovered after many years were actually maternity. Still my favourite. Go for it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »