Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at my neighbours?

(42 Posts)
GenderApostate19 Fri 15-May-20 11:23:37

I told them two weeks ago that we were having a big skip delivered today and that we would be parked on the road outside our house due to the skip being on the drive.
Got up at 7.30 to move the cars off and one of their cars was already in front of ours right up to the gate post 😡 not only that but low and behold a skip wagon turned up and backed on their bloody drive with a skip!
So that’s going to be their 2 cars and our two in the road in our small avenue, if they’d have shifted all their pots to behind their gate they could have got one car in front of their skip, like I’ve planned to have mine, if the wagon can manage to get back far enough.
It also seems like every time we start something in the garden they have to do the same and he’s got a loud booming voice that grates when we’re just sat in the garden and a dog that barks if a blade of grass moves. Anyway, I just need a rant, our skip still hasn’t turned up so we can’t do any more work until it comes 🙄

OP’s posts: |
nitgel Fri 15-May-20 11:26:16

are you sure that's not your skip in the wrong place

Sparklfairy Fri 15-May-20 11:27:13

are you sure that's not your skip in the wrong place

That was my first thought too

dementedpixie Fri 15-May-20 11:27:48

Yes yabu. They have as much right to park on the road as you do

WobblingMyWigglyBits Fri 15-May-20 11:29:40

I was thinking the same nitgel
Is it the same company you ordered one from OP ?

Whycantibetangy Fri 15-May-20 11:30:47

Deffo your skip on their drive, but my question is why didnt you sort the car spacing out yesterday, reminded them the skip was coming, made sure your car was out of the way etc.

Wynston Fri 15-May-20 12:02:43

I was thinking bloody hell i bet they are not amused that you're skip is on their drive!

RunningAwaywiththeCircus Fri 15-May-20 12:05:31

If it’s their skip, and they’ve deliberately got one of their own coming at the same time to piss you off, then it’s fair to say you’re not their fav neighbors either!

Otherwise, it’s your skip.

SillyMoomin Fri 15-May-20 12:16:04

Errrr....

opticaldelusion Fri 15-May-20 12:17:06

What are the chances of next door neighbours each ordering a skip to arrive the same day..? Particularly as one hasn't actually arrived...

PeppasMuddyPuddles Fri 15-May-20 12:19:28

I was thinking bloody hell i bet they are not amused that you're skip is on their drive!

This was my thought too, awaiting the AIBU next door neighnours skip has been delivered to my drive by accident and broken my plant pot/ monoblock something thread grin

opticaldelusion Fri 15-May-20 12:19:34

And it's lo and behold, not low. I'm not a pedant at all but I see this over and over. Bit like shoe-in (shoo-in) and tow the line (toe the line). Ooh, and trooper (people usually mean trouper).

sexbearhouse Fri 15-May-20 12:22:05

OP was it the same company as you ordered your skip from? confused

Isn't it more likely to be your skip?

ScarfLadysBag Fri 15-May-20 12:23:02

Well it's obviously your skip confused So I'd be more concerned about how you're going to budge it from their drive! grin

PastMyBestBeforeDate Fri 15-May-20 12:23:17

Totally place marking for skipgate.

BluebellForest836 Fri 15-May-20 12:24:34

They might not want there car right next to a skip they will be chucking stuff into. We have a skip atm on our double drive and both cars are on the road.

Tough shit for the neighbours. I won’t stick my new car right next to a skip.

LycraLovingLass Fri 15-May-20 12:25:23

Yea I think you need to apologise for putting your skip on their drive.

StepAwayFromGoogle Fri 15-May-20 12:27:12

They are allowed to park on the road. They are allowed to get a skip. You don't get first dibs on street parking or skip hiring.

heartsonacake Fri 15-May-20 12:28:52

YABU. That’s your skip on their drive and you should be apologising not angry.

AHintOfStyle Fri 15-May-20 12:30:56

Has a skip also been delivered to you?
Did you not query it when the skip was being delivered?

TinySleepThief Fri 15-May-20 12:33:14

So glad it wasn't just me who thought it much more likely that your skip is now on their drive as otherwise surely they would have mentioned they were also planning on getting a skip when you spoke to then?

Elephantonascooter Fri 15-May-20 12:34:40

Definitely your skip on their drive.

InescapableDeath Fri 15-May-20 14:04:19

I neeeeeeed OP to reply!

HeyAllYouCoolCatsAndKittenz Fri 15-May-20 14:05:32

therobin Fri 15-May-20 14:09:33

I think they are probably furious with you for your skip being on their drive. If it is their skip then so what? They are entitled to have a skip on their drive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »