Talk

Advanced search

AIBU- to ask what your guilty pleasures have been during this time -light hearted

(3 Posts)
Sibsmum Thu 14-May-20 15:43:16

I have found out quite a lot out about myself during this pandemic. Some I am pleased about and other things that I definitely need to work on.
I have found pleasure in things I haven't done before or have previously not enjoyed doing. Might be a time thing, or going a bit stir crazy, but wondered if anyone was experiencing similar and would like to share.
I have been enjoying a WhatsApp date night with a friend who is shielding for health reasons. I am straight and married, he is gay and single , so nothing damaging going on, we just get on really well. We watch a couple of mutually enjoyed tv shows , drink gin and comment on what we are watching. It's just a bit of us time and we have had lots of fun.
I have also really enjoyed tidying drawers. Thrown and recycled loads of stuff so I can see things I actually need, in the drawers. Given me lots of pleasure.
Please don't judge, well aware that I need to get out more ( don't we all?). Interested to know what you are enjoying...

OP’s posts: |
EssentialHummus Thu 14-May-20 15:50:21

I’ve had the most wonderful in-depth phone calls with a friend - I knew her well before but we were always herding toddlers while trying to chat. It’s been incredible, I’d be sad to lose it.

edwinbear Thu 14-May-20 15:54:31

I have taken up running. I've not run in 30 yrs, I was the kid at school who hid in a bush during cross country and smoked because I hated running so much. I'm not even meant to be running as as I had prolapse surgery a few years back, but in the absence of anything else (I usually swim or do a spin class), I bought some special support shorts and gone. It's very liberating.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »