Talk

Advanced search

..to not let DS bring home the bones of a dead dear so he can build with them in the garden!!!!

(7 Posts)
Eve Mon 17-Sep-07 05:01:54

... he was beside himself with joy at finding them!

He has wanted to find a pair of antlers for such a long time, and found these bones with a skull with antlers attached! I allowed him to take the skull home , but drew the line at the rest of the bones!

Poor teacher is getting the skull at show and tell today!

seeker Mon 17-Sep-07 05:44:04

What a fab find!

(I initially read this as bones of a dead dad - glad to find it's not quite as gruesome as I thought!)

earlgrey Mon 17-Sep-07 05:51:30

Oh dear. Boom Boom!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Eve Mon 17-Sep-07 05:59:08

and that should be deer ... not dear! my excuse is the time!

seeker Mon 17-Sep-07 06:16:49

I remember my boss came into work one day very shaken because she had written off her car by running into a deer on her way to work. We were sitting being sympathetic, but all my colleage and I could think about was "I must not say oh dear...I must not say oh dear....."

iheartdusty Mon 17-Sep-07 10:52:04

wow, where do you live Eve?

Eve Mon 17-Sep-07 17:10:24

near the New Forest!

Found the deer in the woods beside the field where the horses are kept, which is in the forest.

We have 2 young stags living in our field at the moment, I catch sight of them when I arrive early in the morning... they are beautiful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now