Talk

Advanced search

To expect my 3 and 4 year old to sleep all night !!!!!!!!!!!! Help !!!!!!

(5 Posts)
michymama Fri 14-Sep-07 11:11:34

Since we came back from uk holiday mid july dd 4 has woken up every night !!! Sometimes 4 or 5 times !!! She wants me to stay with her whilst she goes back to sleep. DH has tried to comfort her but she only wants mummy !!!! She shares a room with DS 3 who up until last week was sleeping through, now he too has been waking up !! The past 3 nights I've been up about 3/4 times every night !!! I've tried everythign I can think of, their bedtime routine is calm, I reac a story, potter about quietly till they drift off. I don't want to leave them to cry as I think at this age it isn't going to work. Plus its still warm here so we sleep with the windoes open and they would wake thw whole street !!!!
Any advice really, really appreciated !!!!
(sorry for any spelling mistakes but I'm sooo tired !!!)

miobombino Fri 14-Sep-07 11:30:52

Poor you. Sounds exhausting. My ds3 goes through spells of being wakeful and noisy at night so I know how you feel. It's mind nunbingly exhausting and it really gets you down. But no advice I'm afraid, except have you thought about Medised for a night or 2 to break the pattern ? It might just get them out of the habit of waking so often.

<<Running away now before I get attacked>>

michymama Fri 14-Sep-07 11:45:17

LOL !!! We actually bought some herbal stuff from our chemist here in italy but it doesn't work !!! Maybe a nice hot toddy will do the trick !! shock

Micks1 Fri 14-Sep-07 12:03:25

I took my three year old to Portugal last year on holiday and when we arrived back home he did the exact same thing for a couple of weeks. He would want me to stay in the room and if he woke up would cry for me as I was back in my own bed. I just carried on with the normal routine at night and would tell him I would sit at the end of the bed a little bit. I would then get up and tell him I am jut by his door so he would call me a couple of times after putting him to bed and leaving the room just to double check and after a couple of weks of doing this and reassuring him I am there he fell back into his normal routine as well as sleeping through the night.

michymama Fri 14-Sep-07 12:42:26

I had hoped it was just the being back at home after being in uk thing but after 2 months I don't think its that !!! They go to bed at 8, we eat at about 7.15 I sometimes let them watch 10 mins cartoons before bed. They are up at 7.30 in the morning, don't sleep during the day and at the mo spend most days either at the beach or playing outside so would have thought they would be exhausted !!!! The are back in nursery in october so maybe that will exhaust them !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now