Talk

Advanced search

to think that I only ever attract complete tossers...

(25 Posts)
MascaraOHara Thu 13-Sep-07 20:19:04

...or are all men just wankers?

lilacclaire Thu 13-Sep-07 20:19:33

All wankers grin

PillockOfTheCommunity Thu 13-Sep-07 20:20:10

yep, all wankers

fawkeoff Thu 13-Sep-07 20:20:31

yep...did you really need to ask grin

WelshBoris Thu 13-Sep-07 20:20:58

What happened?

Are you OK?

MascaraOHara Thu 13-Sep-07 20:27:47

I'm ok.. they're just all twits aren't they.

WelshBoris Thu 13-Sep-07 20:32:49

Yes but I thought this one was different.

Sit down have a cup of tea glass of wine and tell Boris.

MascaraOHara Thu 13-Sep-07 20:35:11

yeah well I think I retract the fact that this one is different.. Maybe I just wanted to think he was.

He's blown very cold.. no explanation, nothing. Hasn't even bothered to ask what I'm doing this weekend etc so this time I've made other plans.

WelshBoris Thu 13-Sep-07 20:56:24

Ask him. Don't leave this turn into an argument. Don't worry yourself by thinking the worse.

Please just ask him

MascaraOHara Thu 13-Sep-07 20:59:59

No, I'm not going to Welshy - he can bugger off.

He has just text me asking how I am and saying he's had a manic week but still.. it doesn't take much to send a text of an evening does it.

I'm deffo not seeing him this weekend.

Oh and XP text me the other day to say he'd finally picked my watch up from the jewellers - last time I asked for it he told me I couldn't have it.. felt like telling him to stick it right up his rectum but it is a rather nice watch.

WelshBoris Thu 13-Sep-07 21:03:08

He probably has a reason, I don't want you throwing away a possibly great relationship just because of a forgotten text.

MascaraOHara Thu 13-Sep-07 21:04:10

I just don't want to chase someone who's not interested when I have to see him everyday at work.

MascaraOHara Fri 14-Sep-07 15:35:15

Oh buggery bollocks.. just ended up in a room alone with him for 5minutes and he asked if I was OK, I replied with aa curt yes and then walked out thinking why the f*ck am I sulking and why didn't I just tell him what was up with me. So now he can pretend he's really thick cos I said nothing was up.

And the office slapper comes over every time he speaks to me and is being all flirty with him... and to make it worse I just heard the girl who hates me (you know the one I had all the trouble with before) say to her "oh are you cold why don't you put on xxx's jacket"

GGGGRRRRRRR I could spontaniously combust.

BarbieGirl Fri 14-Sep-07 15:49:38

If I were you I would wait for him to make the next move.

I am so glad I am not single anymore - couldn't be doing with the dating thing again.

I do think most men are you-know-whats though. Sorry, far to polite to swear grin.

MascaraOHara Fri 14-Sep-07 16:01:36

Oh I am doing.. I am in such a foul mood atm but did realise this AM that I am Pre Menst.

sleepfinder Fri 14-Sep-07 16:03:29

Its good that he asked you if you're ok.

I think the biggest problem is that most men aren't very good at picking up on subleties, they sense something is up but can't for the life of them work out what or why and usually don't try, just think its a "mystery"

I find being completely straightforward and not hoping for any flashes of lightening revelations from them works best.

I hope it resolves / improves!

expatinscotland Fri 14-Sep-07 16:06:27

Where's cod/Ice Queen when you need her?

EffiePerine Fri 14-Sep-07 16:07:11

Sorry to hear this . Tricky sit when you work with him as well. Hope you have a nice weekedn anyway (and kick him accidentally on your way out!)

MascaraOHara Fri 14-Sep-07 16:09:32

lol, lol logging off for the weekend soon as going partying tonight and want to pamper myself for a bit.

(PS are you OK EIS?)

expatinscotland Fri 14-Sep-07 16:10:49

Indeed, MOH! Think, though, maybe you should just play it straight with this bloke and then see how it pans out.

That way, at least you'll know for sure and you can either pursue it further or move on.

MascaraOHara Fri 14-Sep-07 16:35:24

OK, will compromise and play it stright but he needs to ask me what I'm doing.. He needs to make an effort

FluffyMummy123 Fri 14-Sep-07 16:40:17

Message withdrawn

MascaraOHara Fri 14-Sep-07 16:41:34

yes yes I know. I'm a twit. Office slapper is giggling loudly in his office. Could happily poke her in the eye.

Must be very pre-menst.

Will go shopping tomorrow that'll cheer me up.

sleepfinder Fri 14-Sep-07 17:30:22

I think you need to tell him he needs to make an effort - he's not going to have some revelation. They do take instruction, sometimes...

good luck and hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you find yourself doing. grin

expatinscotland Fri 14-Sep-07 21:05:40

Yeah but sleep, as another posted pointed out on another thread, when you're dating, they're on their best behaviour. That's as good as it's going to get.

And he's already doing the 'He's Just Not That Into' you thing.

Btw, when you go shopping tomorrow, MOH, pick up this book.

It changed my life for the better!

I stopped wasting my time on losers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now