Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours having a BBQ

(165 Posts)
paulhollywoodshairgel Fri 10-Apr-20 15:36:50

Twice in the last week our neighbours have have friends and kids over for back garden BBQs. AIBU to report it? Husband is reluctant because he doesn't want any aggro with them.

It just feels so unfair. Why do they get to see friends and carry on as normal? I'd love to see my friends and family but we are adhering to the lockdown.

Just needed to vent as I'm so cross.

EverdeRose Fri 10-Apr-20 15:41:23

I was ready to come on and say YABU it's just a BBQ.
If they've got people who don't live there around you YANBU and can anonymously report it online if you want.

HappyHammy Fri 10-Apr-20 15:42:10

They do it because they are selfish uncaring bastards who don't give a shit. They will be the first to demand treatment and moan to the media. I would report the feckers.

Mrsmorton Fri 10-Apr-20 15:42:28

Gosh, I'm having one later and was about to say the same as pp. having people over isn't on though.

paulhollywoodshairgel Fri 10-Apr-20 15:55:10

I should have made it clearer. Under normal circumstances have as many BBQs as you like!!

It's the fact they clearly have at least 3 different families there as well. Loads of kids.

I'm just looking up reporting online. X

OnlyFoolsnMothers Fri 10-Apr-20 15:57:15

Damn right report it! I’m seriously fed up with hearing about assholes who think they don’t need to suffer like all of us, and in turn prolong this.

Thighmageddon Fri 10-Apr-20 16:01:02

Apparently one of our neighbours has been inviting people to a planned bbq shows how dim they are discussing it outside when windows are open and despite me saying I wouldn't snitch on people. This time I will be.

Gatehouse77 Fri 10-Apr-20 16:03:02

It just feels so unfair

To be blunt, how it 'feels' is irrelevant.

londonrach Fri 10-Apr-20 16:05:11

Where do you report as got a neighbour who apart from being a jack in to post going out ever day several times is now having a bbq with lots of his child friends. Very concerned as husband has weak chest and although he may have had cv if he hasnt hes at huge risk. Wish they test then we know

OnlyFoolsnMothers Fri 10-Apr-20 16:10:02

www.met.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/c19/tell-us-about-possible-breach-coronavirus-measures/

BiggerBoat1 Fri 10-Apr-20 16:10:15

Please report it.

Most people are trying so hard to do the right thing, but families like your neighbours will keep us all on lockdown for months if they're not stopped.

ilovedjerrymore Fri 10-Apr-20 16:10:30

This is annoying, that people are still inviting others to bbqs and shockingly people are still accepting these invites! So it’s not just your neighbours that are in the wrong it’s also the separate families that are attending. Even though you are going to report it unfortunately like all these cases of people reporting get togethers for bbqs and parties it will be too late as they have already been around each other for too long by the time the police do turn up and that’s even if they do turn up sad

OnlyFoolsnMothers Fri 10-Apr-20 16:11:41

My neighbours who are c. Late 70s have a car parked out their house for hours...think it’s their family. I’m so pissed off as I’m dying to see my family down the road. I think the police shouldn’t issue fines but rather have a list that means the nhs won’t treat them for Covid!

Arrowfanatic Fri 10-Apr-20 16:17:02

If anyone you know flouts the rules & rent their home from the council or a housing association report them to those companies/local authority. My entire workload this week has been dealing with covid breach complaints from tenants and we can get injunctions on them under the new laws

iCorona Fri 10-Apr-20 16:17:43

Report it they are being dicks. If they are going to flout the rules then they definitely shouldn’t flaunt it in front of neighbours who are all following the rules.

Jeezoh Fri 10-Apr-20 16:25:28

Report it. Almost 1000 people died yesterday, how much more horrific do the figures have to get before people do what they’re meant to do?!

Doingtheboxerbeat Fri 10-Apr-20 16:35:22

They need a proper criminal conviction, such as breech of the peace or something, that way the normally "honest hard working families who never break the law and look down at those that do" can have this to lord over people.
Fines won't mean anything for this type.

Raindancer411 Fri 10-Apr-20 16:35:32

I would report too. It's not going to help if loads of people keep mixing and risk spreading it further. I am due a baby next month and I want this to end sooner rather than later for her health and so she can one day meet her family!!

DeanHardscrabble Fri 10-Apr-20 16:36:17

I'm wondering if I should report my neighbour. We are friendly with them, so it feels awful, but they keep having people over to use their garage gym. It's really pissing me off.

Doingtheboxerbeat Fri 10-Apr-20 16:38:35

It's about a bitch that this will be the best bank holiday weather we'll ever have grin.

TheMamaYo Fri 10-Apr-20 16:40:10

I was also ready to tell you to mind your own business. blush

Having BBQ's are fine. Having other people over are obviously not. Report all you like, OP. YANBU.grin

SewItGoes Fri 10-Apr-20 16:41:16

How will they know it was you who reported them? Are there others nearby who could also see it? Or maybe one of them mentioned it on social media...

If you feel it's the right thing to do, report it!

winterinmadeira Fri 10-Apr-20 16:41:18

Report it. Police are attending around here and giving people warnings. Laws apply to everyone in this emergency

lmcneil003 Fri 10-Apr-20 16:41:37

Mind your own business. If you don't like what they are doing, make sure you don't do it yourself.

Figgygal Fri 10-Apr-20 16:41:47

Report report report

Stupid fuckers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »