Talk

Advanced search

..to think that parents should not send their children to nursery in pyjamas and expect staff to dress them?????

(118 Posts)
Jazzicatz Wed 12-Sep-07 09:32:13

Well am I?

Hulababy Wed 12-Sep-07 09:33:40

I'd find that odd too. Even though DD started nursery quite early - just after 8am, and we have an hour's drive first - she was always washed and dressed BEFORE leaving home. Would have never expected nursery to get her ready.

Jazzicatz Wed 12-Sep-07 09:34:37

This was starting at 8.45am

maisym Wed 12-Sep-07 09:34:43

Nearly had to take dd to school in her pj's as she wouldn't get dressed!!!!

agree with the op - kids should be up and ready for the days activities.

saltire Wed 12-Sep-07 09:36:39

Some of us have done that Jazzi - there comes a point when no amount of asking will encourage your 4 year old to get dressed. Whatever you put on him he takes off and puts his PJs back on. When you have 5 children to get out the house and into school. How do you know those parents haven't had the same situation.

Jazzicatz Wed 12-Sep-07 09:37:35

That is true Saltire, but I know he is an only child.

Squiffy Wed 12-Sep-07 09:38:28

PMSL at thought.

would be OK the once I guess if a mother wanted to carry through a threat in a maisy-type situation, but seriously? Wonder if anyone will come along and defend this one...

maisym Wed 12-Sep-07 09:38:52

I'll soon have 5 kids - but at the nursery the staff are busy getting the kids settled every morning. But I suppose it's not a problem if the kids have a clean nappy on (if they still wear them)

Kewcumber Wed 12-Sep-07 09:38:53

perhaps he just had clothes on that looked pajama'ish hmm....

otherwise that is odd. Tempting, but odd.

fortunecookie Wed 12-Sep-07 09:39:28

WHAT?! But you can't expect the staff to have the time to wash & dress kids. What if they all turned up in their pjs? Chaos!

saltire Wed 12-Sep-07 09:39:29

Well, he could still have refused to get dressed. I took Ds2 to nursery once in his PJs. Another time he wouldn't wear a coat or a jumper on a snowy day - so I took him out without one. he soon changed his mind. perhaps the parents think the same as I did - if we take him in his PJs then he will get embarrased inf ront of his friends. It worked with DS2grin

SSSandy2 Wed 12-Sep-07 09:39:51

are these the same mums with white trousers and glossy hair we had on the other thread?

Or am I just too confused this morning?!

maisym Wed 12-Sep-07 09:40:40

lol squiffy - but my dd was quite happy at the thought of pj's at school!! - had to say how cold it would be instead to get her dress (it was cold here this morning brrrrr)

Jazzicatz Wed 12-Sep-07 09:40:44

No kewcumber, I was talking to the member of staff that was getting him changed, and it is not the first time.

Jazzicatz Wed 12-Sep-07 09:41:40

No that is big boy school ssandy! This happened at nursery!

cookiesandcream Wed 12-Sep-07 09:41:47

What a fantastic idea - wish i'd thought of that wink

ScottishMummy Wed 12-Sep-07 09:42:45

O what has it got to do with anyone how another child arrives at nursery, maybe they overslept/rushed/whatever.

lighten up

UnquietDad Wed 12-Sep-07 09:43:06

Our nursery used to tell us it'd be OK if we did, but we never did. We had Standards!

katybump Wed 12-Sep-07 09:43:14

YANBU we used to have a mother who brought her dd to us at 9am every day,wet nappy on from night time,still in pj's having had no breakfast even though she knew breakfast finished at 8.30am(she used to say"well your not gonna let her starve are you!!!!").we had to get her washed,dressed,give her breakfast and brush her teeth all so she didn't get used to getting up early so mum got a lie in the week-end with her new boyfriend.it used to drive us bonkersangry

Jazzicatz Wed 12-Sep-07 09:44:11

That is so sad katybump

SSSandy2 Wed 12-Sep-07 09:44:16

No, YANBU

katybump Wed 12-Sep-07 09:45:00

oh and mum used to be fully made up with immaculate hair etc

ScottishMummy Wed 12-Sep-07 09:45:07

yes Katy what u describe is wholly unreasonable..poor wee one no clean dry nappy...wrongshock

niceglasses Wed 12-Sep-07 09:45:59

I've done it with the younger ones who aren't going to schl....nightie with a cardie over the top, but not the ones who are actually going to schl.

Maybe very bad morning and a one off?? She says trying to be nice.......

Notyummy Wed 12-Sep-07 09:46:15

No, sorry, that is just not on. Its not just happened the once...what sort of message is that sending to the kid?? Either your parents are so disorganised/useless that they can't get you dressed in the morning, or you put up a fight and we cave in...neither of those possible explanations is acceptable.

Unless there are serious health/mental heath issues, or there are a million kids (which I understand is not the case) then he should be dressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now