Talk

Advanced search

... to ask the thing you most regret buying that you have barely used?

(303 Posts)
WomanInTheWindow Tue 31-Mar-20 22:35:03

(started from that now deleted thread)

As previously detailed, gathering dust in my house is the spiraliser, the diet milkshake drink shaker... at one point we had three separate keyboards.

I now have a vegetable box staring at me balefully....

Anyone else?

WeakAndWeary Tue 31-Mar-20 22:38:23

The bloody spiraliser that sits in the cupboard giving out malevolent vibes.

olivehater Tue 31-Mar-20 22:39:31

A really expensive juicer with multiple parts. Used for a couple of months. Was such a faff!

Daisiest Tue 31-Mar-20 22:40:54

Pasta maker

Knittingnanny Tue 31-Mar-20 22:44:12

A Several friends have one and use it all the time and rarely switch on their ovens. I had wanted one for years and years and eventually bought one last year ( really expensive from Lakeland)
I’ve burnt cakes, dried out chicken breasts and can’t get anything out of the pot without burning my fingers.

Knittingnanny Tue 31-Mar-20 22:44:59

Don’t know what happened there! It should say a Remoska

Dylaninthemovies1 Tue 31-Mar-20 22:45:20

@Knittingnanny! I need to know what you bought and didn’t use!

Dylaninthemovies1 Tue 31-Mar-20 22:46:37

Oops. Cross post.

For me it was a spiraliser. Never out of the box. And a instantpot. Don’t believe the hype

WomanInTheWindow Tue 31-Mar-20 22:47:28

oooohhh…. a Remoska you say? Never heard of it!

(I will not be making more random purchases - just curious...)

googles

PS: sorry, did not mean to make a poll

Farheatarse Tue 31-Mar-20 22:51:25

Bread maker. The bread comes out either rock hard or too crumbly to slice. The paddle leaves a great big hole in half the loaf and it goes mouldy within a couple of days.
Ingredients work out very expensive per usable slice.

Gave up quickly and back to hovis.

willowmelangell Tue 31-Mar-20 22:51:40

Smoothskin bare ultrafast IPL hair remover. Thats £150 I'll never see again. If I have to stay at home(supermarket worker) I might start using it.

Sh05 Tue 31-Mar-20 22:55:13

Creme brulé set with mini blowtorch. We use the ramekins but the blowtorch doesn't switch off properly so hisses out gas until it's finished. I bought it specifically for the blowtorch

Kindlingwood Tue 31-Mar-20 22:57:19

An air fryer. Just shit.

OhClover Tue 31-Mar-20 23:01:30

Instant pot! Just can’t be arsed with it.

Racheyg Tue 31-Mar-20 23:02:25

Ghd glide. Cost bloody £145 and doesn't do anything to my hair. Well pissed off 😡

Fiveletters Tue 31-Mar-20 23:03:50

A GHD straightening brush angry. The mere thought of it annoys me.

Alicesweewonders Tue 31-Mar-20 23:04:14

Changing table / soup maker - just tastes so bland

Fiveletters Tue 31-Mar-20 23:05:04

Snap @Racheyg

A glide - that’s the one!

WeakAndWeary Tue 31-Mar-20 23:05:37

I really want an instant pot but they’re too expensive. Are you all saying I actually don’t want one?

DramaAlpaca Tue 31-Mar-20 23:06:03

A slow cooker. Used it enthusiastically for a couple of weeks, then into the back of the cupboard it went. Thankfully it was a cheap one.

WomanInTheWindow Tue 31-Mar-20 23:06:34

There are three things now on here: the cooker, the straighteners, the hair remover that are around £150 … I've definitely spent similar on all sorts of magic potions for my hair (cumulative)

I am going to remember this!

willow - is it that it doesn't work, or that you have not got around to using it much? Sounds like something I would have been tempted by!

Northernsoullover Tue 31-Mar-20 23:10:00

I bought a steamer. A big Polti one. I have been tempted to bring it out during this pandemic but I last used it 4 years ago. Goodness knows whats grown in that water tank envy.

AlecOrAlonzo Tue 31-Mar-20 23:11:57

I use my instant pot at least two or three times a week. Totally brilliant.

I have a special spatula that is supposed to get all the batter off a whisk. It's got wee cuts in the silicone that slide in all the whisk prongs (?). Totally doesn't work.

Thewarrenerswife Tue 31-Mar-20 23:15:40

An integrated steam oven... used it once. Still use the hob top steamer. Might get the instructions out now I’ve thought about it... who am I kidding?!

Elphame Tue 31-Mar-20 23:16:00

A chocolate fountain

In my defence I didn't actually buy it myself

The pie maker I regret I did. Used once.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »