Talk

Advanced search

Richie Anderson on RADIO 2

(136 Posts)
PieceOfMaria Tue 31-Mar-20 08:36:29

Is getting on my last nerve.

They seem to be trying to put the spotlight on him and turn him into a big ‘personality’ and it’s pushing me more and more often to Radio 4 until he’s safely out of the way.

He’s an over excitable twit basking in his new found fame just a little bit too much for my liking. His Brummie accent has been coming out much more strongly lately too. He’s hamming it up and trying to create a niche persona for himself.

Santaclauswhosthat Tue 31-Mar-20 08:40:36

Yeah he's been annoying me for ages. And all of the "oh Richie, I love you Richie" stuff is grating. Lynn Bowles never acted like this or got so much fuss made of her and she was there for years. Pipe down!

ChicChicChicChiclana Tue 31-Mar-20 08:45:35

I like him. I think he's genuinely naturally funny and warm.

SoldiersinPetticoats Tue 31-Mar-20 08:45:38

Bring back Lynn! I loved her and Ken Bruce’s banter/flirting. Was just lovely.

Booboooo Tue 31-Mar-20 08:49:22

You can tell ken.bruce thinks hes annoying!!!!

NotSorry Tue 31-Mar-20 08:50:09

He’s not even doing the traffic at the moment but they still brought him on!

The big plus about him not doing the traffic is that he can’t say “buzz” instead of “bus” I can’t stand his affectations

Santaclauswhosthat Tue 31-Mar-20 08:54:43

I agree @SoldiersinPetticoats, Lynn was great.

It was obvious from the start that he was using his traffic slot as a springboard to Greater Things (TM). Even the way the presenters spoke to him was different to how they spoke to the other ancillaries. Well get on with it then and spring off to The One Show or whatever it is he's got his eye on. Bored already.

PieceOfMaria Tue 31-Mar-20 08:58:35

I agree Ken is letting his mild irritation show through in the way Ken does. grin He's tolerating him under sufference but there is no rapport.

He's doing too much microphone hogging and the producers are letting him. Fools.

EthelMayFergus Tue 31-Mar-20 09:01:30

The 'jiction' instead of junction drives me mad. As does the fake Ronnie Corbett laugh.

Nanny0gg Tue 31-Mar-20 09:01:35

Oh. Not just me then.

Lynn is naturally witty and could really hold her own with Ken (And Terry, back in the day)

Richie just misses the point most of the time and definitely isn't witty.

And as for the Love Fest that is the Zoe Ball show...🤦‍♀️

ShowOfHands Tue 31-Mar-20 09:01:36

I find him utterly inoffensive.

It is interesting that people see accents as fair game. Sara Cox gets the same criticism from her detractors. Oooh I can't stand his/her put on accent/affectations.

Has anybody said Professional Northener yet?

Nanny0gg Tue 31-Mar-20 09:02:30

But Sara's accent is natural. She's a bit over the top, but I like her

ShowOfHands Tue 31-Mar-20 09:02:48

He doesn't know the difference between the pronunciation of shed load and shedload which IS mildly irritating however...

Santaclauswhosthat Tue 31-Mar-20 09:02:50

I do love Ken. You know that you're not headed for Armageddon while there's still Ken Bruce and Popmaster.

ShowOfHands Tue 31-Mar-20 09:04:58

My point is that people who don't like Sara, say her accent is put on and fake but to people who like her, it's normal. I don't mind Richie and his accent is identical to my mate's accent, just natural. People who don't like him, find it put on.

user1471517900 Tue 31-Mar-20 09:07:32

There's a difference between shed load and shedload?

KaronAVyrus Tue 31-Mar-20 09:07:44

Love Sara Cox
Richie seems like a bit of a twat. Maybe he’ll calm down?
My absolute favourite stand in is Gary Davis. If I was running the beeb I’d sack Jeremy Vine with immediate effect and replace him Gary.

Santaclauswhosthat Tue 31-Mar-20 09:08:31

It's not the accent so much as the (deliberate?) mispronunciation. Anyway that's a minor concern, the main one being the noise+airtime:boringness ratio.

billysboy Tue 31-Mar-20 09:13:08

Hes probably picking up £100k pa just to make him even more irritating !

Hardly essential worker atm sooner they fuck him off the better , hopefully take steve wright and all his sycophants with him

MadisonAvenue Tue 31-Mar-20 09:13:33

Richie’s great! I don’t listen to him on Radio 2 but he’s been on our local BBC station for years. He has his own show on Saturday mornings.

PieceOfMaria Tue 31-Mar-20 09:17:05

I never really listened to Gary Davis back in the day but I like him on R2, he comes across as just a really nice man with no ego.

I love Sara Cox and I like her accent. My point about RA is that he started off muting his Brummie accent but now he thinks he's someone, he's hamming it up to add more character. I don't mind the accent itself, I just think he comes across as a bit of an upstart, trying to run before he can walk. He needs someone there to slap him down a bit. He's starting to think it's the Richie Anderson Show.

Blobby10 Tue 31-Mar-20 09:18:11

I'm enjoying Dermot O'Leary instead of Zoe Ball - initially I loved her but she seems to be going totally over the top with really irritating words such as 'tellybox' and 'holibobs' - I think she used 'radiobox' the other week!! And why can't Tina D learn to read the news properly? She keeps taking massive breaths in the middle of sentences! It SO irritating grin.

PieceOfMaria Tue 31-Mar-20 09:18:31

he’s been on our local BBC station for years. He has his own show on Saturday mornings.

Ah! So that's the problem. He really does think it's the Richie Anderson Show. Well he's out of his depth and he needs to tone it down before Zoe loses listeners.

PieceOfMaria Tue 31-Mar-20 09:20:52

Actually I like Zoe, think she sounds like a lovely person but I can't cope with her on the breakfast show. She's too breathy and over excitable and the way she O-VER- EEEE-NUNCIATES-HER-WORDS is really starting to grate on me.

I would have preferred Sara to have got that gig. She's gentler on the ear at that time of day and naturally funny.

Perhaps I'm just old. I'm finding more and more often I'm on R4 now.

Parsley1234 Tue 31-Mar-20 09:28:07

I can’t stand most of Radio 2 now i am migrating more to Radio 4 Zoe Ball is over the top gushy with too many celebs and made up words Sarah Cox too unfunny it’s just not fit for purpose it needs a good shake up. It all started to demise with Chris Evans becoming celeb tastic after Wogan they all seem to have massive egos which is miserable to listen to

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »