Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to say no to my lodger having guest now?

(73 Posts)
Katiekattty Sun 29-Mar-20 00:36:08

My DH and I have a lodger (B) at the moment. He’s recently asked if his gf/partner can stay over. We’ve no issue with that as long as it’s only for a couple nights a week.
B asked my DH today if his gf can come and stay for week because she’s alone during the lockdown. She lives about 2 hours away from us. AIBU to say no because no one should be travelling at the minute, as well as I don’t want to take the risk with her being here on and off? I don’t actually want her staying here for a week even it’s unusual circumstances.

TimeAintNothing Sun 29-Mar-20 00:37:32

His girlfriend should not be staying over and neither should his gran, there should be no one visting you who is not already part of your household.

If he's that bothered about his gran, why doesn't he go stay at hers?

fedup21 Sun 29-Mar-20 00:38:56

@TimeAintNothing

Gran?!

AnneLovesGilbert Sun 29-Mar-20 00:39:02

No none can come to stay!

TimeAintNothing Sun 29-Mar-20 00:39:59

Typo, I meant GF blush

Floralnomad Sun 29-Mar-20 00:40:15

No one should be visiting let alone staying .

RainbowMum11 Sun 29-Mar-20 00:40:44

GF is girlfriend

HaveeeeYouMetTed Sun 29-Mar-20 00:40:50

I've read the OP multiple times & still cannot see how someone has managed to come to the conclusion that his GRAN is involved in this.

Anyway, YANBU. It's not essential travel & you shouldn't be having people from a different household mixing in yours right now.

Sparklfairy Sun 29-Mar-20 00:41:04

@TimeAintNothing You made me read the OP an extra FOUR times to look for the mystery gran!!

TimeAintNothing Sun 29-Mar-20 00:41:27

I didn't come to the conclusion that his gran is involved. I misread the OP and made a typo.

playthestation Sun 29-Mar-20 00:42:45

Did you mean his girlfriend should not be staying over and neither should his girlfriend confused

TimeAintNothing Sun 29-Mar-20 00:43:14

I mean I've been on the gin since 8pm and read it wrong.

playthestation Sun 29-Mar-20 00:43:50

Ah it's all good. I was laughing out loud in bed over the Gran grin

Devlesko Sun 29-Mar-20 00:44:25

Gf or mystery gran , or both, it doesn't matter.

Is he on glue?

TimeAintNothing Sun 29-Mar-20 00:45:03

Mystery Gran is going to be the name of my rock band.

Sparklfairy Sun 29-Mar-20 00:48:12

Is he on glue?

Whatever he's on, there's a lot of it going about. A 'friend' of mine has moved in with his elderly father after his relationship broke down. Now starting seeing someone new and goes over to hers every weekend.

Now working from home, and has gone over to GFs as usual god forbid he miss out on his weekly shag but he'll be back in the week. She's got kids and he won't be able to work from home with them around. Absolutely no thought for potentially carrying it between houses and won't listen to reason.

Lynda07 Sun 29-Mar-20 00:48:47

You're absolutely right, his girlfriend should not come over. Nobody can have visitors right now, not even family members. If he is willing to take the risk, why doesn't he go over to hers and stay?

OldUnit Sun 29-Mar-20 00:48:54

Absolutely not. He shouldn't even be asking.

ASandwichNamedKevin Sun 29-Mar-20 00:50:41

No, not essential travel, these are not usual circumstances.

@Time let me know when your band starts touring.

ASandwichNamedKevin Sun 29-Mar-20 00:53:11

@Lynda07 if he does break the rules to go and stay with her, potentially spreading the virus whole he's at it, then he should be prepared to stay there for a while, it would be unfair to be even more stupid and return and put OP and family at risk.

nettie434 Sun 29-Mar-20 00:54:10

Typo, I meant GF

Never mind, you have made us laugh TimeAintNothing. I had visions of KatieKattty opening the door to be faced with B’s gran and girlfriend, each carrying a suitcase. A new level of cheeky f***ery.

Manchestermanchester Sun 29-Mar-20 02:10:26

I don’t think your lodger is being unreasonable.

crustycrab Sun 29-Mar-20 02:13:42

Why @Manchestermanchester

GrouchoMrx Sun 29-Mar-20 02:15:26

What a total dickhead.

Absolutely not. The guidelines are clear here.

RepCones Sun 29-Mar-20 02:18:42

Lockdown is going to be longer than a week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »