Talk

Advanced search

To think everyone is going to get very fed up with all this?

(313 Posts)
cantata Sat 28-Mar-20 22:19:34

The thought of John Lewis dumping a washer-dryer on my doorstep and expecting me to remove the old (integrated) one and carry and plumb in the new one makes me wonder.

AIBU to think we're going to get fed up with this social distancing malarkey before very long?

(I hate it anyway, as I need people around me for my sanity. And not my teenagers 24/7).

ssd Sat 28-Mar-20 22:21:04

Christ the hardship.

PurpleFlower1983 Sat 28-Mar-20 22:21:32

YABVU

ThatUserNamesTakenTryAnother Sat 28-Mar-20 22:23:15

biscuit

EasyTarget Sat 28-Mar-20 22:23:32

Yanbu

pippishortsocks Sat 28-Mar-20 22:23:59

So don't order a new one, problem solved.

Pishposhpashy Sat 28-Mar-20 22:24:17

Yes of course, but posters on here are utter dicks if you dare to talk about it, so prepare yourself for a flaming.

MyOtherLifeIsAFairytale Sat 28-Mar-20 22:25:04

Oh, FFS. Have a biscuit and get some fucking perspective

RoseCider Sat 28-Mar-20 22:26:20

The thought of John Lewis dumping a washer-dryer on my doorstep and expecting me to remove the old (integrated) one and carry and plumb in the new one makes me wonder.

Shame on you for even posting this. FFS there’s people out there that can’t afford to eat and you’re on here whining about a washer dryer? I can only assume this post is a joke? If it’s not this is the highest level of cuntiness I’ve seen on here.

MadamePewter Sat 28-Mar-20 22:26:26

I totally agree but you’re going to have the “Ann Franck had it hard you don’t know you’re living and I have to shield so no one else better dare set foot outside their door” brigade on your case in droves....

But you are right anyway

cantata Sat 28-Mar-20 22:26:39

Pishposh, I'm prepared for a flaming by the Social Distancing Stasi. grin

Pippi, I have already ordered it. It never crossed my mind that it might be a problem.

TokyoSushi Sat 28-Mar-20 22:27:06

gringringrin

MadamePewter Sat 28-Mar-20 22:27:29

And how dare you order a washer dryer from a middle class retailer

cantata Sat 28-Mar-20 22:27:51

Don't worry, Rose, I'm now on zero income due to this sodding virus. I don't qualify for benefits either, so am living on an overdraft and loans. HTH.

ErrolTheDragon Sat 28-Mar-20 22:28:13

Yes, of course YANBU that many of us will get fed up, but YABU to call it 'malarkey'. Hopefully most of us will put up with social distancing with reasonable good grace to help save lives and health.

gamerchick Sat 28-Mar-20 22:28:21

Time to enlist the teenagers. Wave the router about as a carrot grin

Onemorefortheroad Sat 28-Mar-20 22:29:19

Sticking to the rules here but finding every single second so difficult 😨 miss my friends and family - has made me realise how needy I clearly am 🤣🤣🤣

midwesteaster Sat 28-Mar-20 22:29:23

Yes, it sucks, people are going to get very bored of it.
Obviously as being dead sucks more people will manage while moaning.
That is just human nature.

Thedogscollar Sat 28-Mar-20 22:29:39

Is this a joke? If so not funny

cantata Sat 28-Mar-20 22:29:56

Errol, I'm doing the social distancing thing, with very bad grace. So is everyone where I live. There isn't a soul to be seen.

gamer grin

Geraniumblue Sat 28-Mar-20 22:30:14

I bet you could do it yourself. Try YouTube.

MadamePewter Sat 28-Mar-20 22:30:47

Oh... and I forgot that you’d better wipe it down with bleach and soap and water and not touch it at all

cantata Sat 28-Mar-20 22:32:20

Thedog, no it's not a joke.

In fact, the whole social distancing thing is having a massive and very bad effect on my (already fragile) mental health.

If I can't get my effing washer/dryer delivered and plumbed in as planned, that will be the final straw.

So no, decidedly not a joke.

But it does make me wonder whether there will be a tipping point at which people will just think: "sod this for a game of soldiers" and will try to re-establish normality, whatever the currently-out-of-work-jobsworths on MN might say.

Frankiecandle Sat 28-Mar-20 22:32:55

You will need to leave it on the doorstep for at least a month.

cantata Sat 28-Mar-20 22:33:22

Geranium, I have in fact plumbed in many a washing machine in my time. It's the disentangling and re-entangling an integrated one which flummoxes me. That and carrying them around with a broken foot (drip feed. Ha!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »