Talk

Advanced search

To not want to snog dh any more?

(41 Posts)
Snogsuck Tue 11-Sep-07 12:39:52

Sex is fine (altho not too often wink), and I don't mind giving plenty of cuddles, but I have completely gone off snogging, and have done pretty much since we got married. I find it quite disgusting. I don't mind the odd peck but surely all this tonsil hockey is for teenagers. I should probably start another post about how wrong it is for anyone over 40 to snog in public too.

Anyone with me?

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 11-Sep-07 12:44:49

im the same. i dont really go in for the snogging thing anymore, but dh gets really upset. dunno why it just makes me uncomfortable.....

i thought i was just odd!

LucyJones Tue 11-Sep-07 12:47:07

My dh is exactly the same too. What is it with men and snogging?
he laso doesn't get the fact that after a day with the dcs, hugging them, them following me everywhere, pulling on my legs, clothes etc, that when he gets in from work I don't feel like being really close to him. I usually just want to be left alone grin

madamez Tue 11-Sep-07 12:48:56

Well, not everyone likes snogging (not that fussed about it myself even though chance would be a fine thing these daysgrin). Why not have a chat with your DP about how you feel so he doesn't start worrying that his breath smells or you've gone off him altogether.

Meglet Tue 11-Sep-07 14:27:04

Maybe I am weird, i love snogging. Have to make my move when my DP is a bit tipsy as he's not very cuddly. Think its really intimate. However I wouldn't do it in public at my age (30's)shock.

sparklesandwine Tue 11-Sep-07 14:42:20

I still love snogging DP grin

sorry you feel like that though i think its lovely to have a good old snog and we do daily but its not for everyone wink

niceglasses Tue 11-Sep-07 14:44:20

Hummm not too keen either. I have this thing about my breath being smelly. I often avoid getting close to pple for this reason and even cover my mouth if I can. Weird. No one has ever told me it smells.

[slinks away>>>>>

morningpaper Tue 11-Sep-07 14:44:43

i love snogging

why would you think it is disgusting? That seems really odd to me

morningpaper Tue 11-Sep-07 14:45:45

I mean what do you do when you are having sex if you don't snog occasionally?

Do you chat about stuff or just stare blankly at each other?

sparklesandwine Tue 11-Sep-07 14:47:03

LOL MP @ people staring blankly at each other grin

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 11-Sep-07 14:48:03

mp, i dont mind snogging while having sex but jsut randomly makes me feel odd and im not sure why really!

LilRedWG Tue 11-Sep-07 14:48:26

I read a book! Doesn't everyone?

FCH Tue 11-Sep-07 14:49:02

I love snogging my DH - it is one of my favourite occupations in fact...

It isn't that I think you are being unreasonable I am just confused by your post; did you like it before you got married, and if so has his technique changed (in which case presumably he could change back?) or is it that you think this is the sort of thing married people shouldn't do?

(btw - I am with you on the "in public" front - but not just over 40s!wink)

Anna8888 Tue 11-Sep-07 14:49:21

LucyJones - I hope you don't mind me mentioning it... but yours is quite a dangerous attitude wink. Mothers who get lots of love and affection and cuddles often think it is "reasonable" to expect their husbands to lay off the cuddles and physical affection to give them some breathing space in the evening. But those men who have not received any physical affection all day (in fact, may even have been in quite hostile environments) are yearning for it.

It's very dangerous ground to refuse it. smile

MamaMaiasaura Tue 11-Sep-07 14:52:05

lol MP - depends on position i guess grin

Tinker Tue 11-Sep-07 14:53:44

pmsl @ mp. And how does sex get started? Is it formally requested

francagoestohollywood Tue 11-Sep-07 14:55:07

I like snogging. And sometimes I wish I was 16 again to spend the whole afternoon snogging.

francagoestohollywood Tue 11-Sep-07 14:55:36

lol MP!

TellusMater Tue 11-Sep-07 14:57:47

God I love snogging. Although I don't go a bundle on the word itself...

Dropdeadfred Tue 11-Sep-07 14:59:01

oh i love snogging too...and sometimes snogingtil you thought your heart (or pants) would burst was sooo great...blush

Snogsuck Tue 11-Sep-07 16:08:42

Well... um.. how should I say this... let's just say I wouldn't want to snog dh just before sex because usually he's been somewhere else beforehand wink.

hanaflower Tue 11-Sep-07 16:12:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Caroline1852 Tue 11-Sep-07 16:24:54

Maybe men like snogging so much more than women because it precludes the possibilty that the woman will want to talk? I think snogging is great.

DaDaDa Tue 11-Sep-07 16:34:31

Snog. Snogging. Snog Snog Snogging.

Can you all stop saying the word please, it's making me feel queasy.

I like it, DW not so keen. It has to come with real passion or else it's lips firmly shut. Maybe I'm just a bit crap at it?!

Dropdeadfred Tue 11-Sep-07 16:38:46

kissing..any better?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: