Talk

Advanced search

I want my daddy!

(22 Posts)
FraughtwithGin Thu 26-Mar-20 18:42:13

He died 3 years ago.
Today.
This is a childish post, but I do miss him and I am very well grown up.

Anneofgreengables1 Thu 26-Mar-20 18:43:19

I'm sorry

Smellbellina Thu 26-Mar-20 18:43:48

sad so sorry OP, nothing ungrown up about wanting and missing your dad

iheartislesofwight Thu 26-Mar-20 18:45:38

so sorry for you, flowers

nocoolnamesleft Thu 26-Mar-20 18:45:48

That's not childish at all. Just human.

Dhalandchips Thu 26-Mar-20 18:47:26

I had a cry yesterday, missing my mum terribly (she's been gone 8 years and I'm 50!) you're not alone and it's OK to miss your dad. Love to you x

orangejuicer Thu 26-Mar-20 18:48:15

Not childish at all OP. flowers

It's coming up to 3 years since I lost my mum. I still have days where I just bawling my eyes out because I miss her and just need my mum. More so now.

FizzyGreenWater Thu 26-Mar-20 18:51:06

Oh I'm so sorry.

flowers for you.

Times like this make it much harder.

FraughtwithGin Thu 26-Mar-20 19:06:32

Thank you for your kind replies.
Even when we are grown up, we do still need a solid rock.
I put that thought to the younger generation.
For what it is worth, my father would be really irritated at this self-indulgent post, but he would understand why.
God bless!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 26-Mar-20 19:15:16

You’re never too old or grown up to miss your dad. . There’s no age limit on grief. It’s the huge price we pay for love. flowers

OchAyeThaNoo Thu 26-Mar-20 23:07:18

I'm so sorry OP.

I want my daddy too.

He was diagnosed with brain tumours about a month and a half ago. He's gone from "Fine but a bit wobbly" to suddenly becoming a weak, dying man. Chemo hasn't worked. He's a mess. Can't get around at all, can't dress himself, can't use his left hand side or walk properly, he's in tremendous pain, suffers constant weakness and sickness and I live 200 miles away. I can't go to him. Coronavirus is keeping me away from what could be my last moments with my daddy.

I just want to cuddle him.

He's 61. I'm not ready for this.

JaceLancs Thu 26-Mar-20 23:17:58

So sorry OP
I want my Dad too - he died 31 October 2019
Today is DM birthday 81 she is missing him dreadfully
I’m struggling with her due to her Alzheimer’s
On the other hand I’m glad he’s not here right now
His nursing home has banned visits - he wouldn’t have understood due to stroke brain damage and would have been very distressed as would have DM
I’m crying now - I can still feel his last kiss

AmelieTaylor Thu 26-Mar-20 23:27:55

I want my Daddy too.

He died 10 years ago and I miss him every day, but never so much as I do right now. I’m 51 & never have I needed to hear ‘it’ll all be ok love’ as much as I do right now. I need a Dad hug.

@OchAyeThaNoo. I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. That’s young & fast & bloody unfair! I’d isolate for 10 days (if you think that time frame isn’t going to prevent you seeing him) then I’d go to him & stay. You going to your Dad is no worse than people going to work - and travel is allowed for unavoidable work trips and this is FAR more important.

Big hugs x

Lots of love for all of us missing our Dads 💕

Shinygoldbauble Thu 26-Mar-20 23:36:12

I miss mine too. He's been gone over 2 years. Sometimes I still don't really believe it. flowers

MalingeringMary Fri 27-Mar-20 00:00:15

Me too. 13 weeks on Sunday since he died. It just hurts so much. I'm glad he's not having to go through this, but I need my rock. I need his stupid dad jokes. I can't even give my mum a hug to try and make up for it.

Justsocross Fri 27-Mar-20 00:01:17

We never get over losing a parent . They are our anchors in the world and without them we feel lost . So sorry so many of us have already faced the lose . They are with us I like to think in our hearts and in the air around us xxx

DoAsYouWouldBeMumBy Fri 27-Mar-20 00:06:37

Mine died 7 years ago and I've been fine about it for ages, but, oh, this week! Missing him so much sad He would have fixed this for me 🥰

JaneJeffer Fri 27-Mar-20 00:31:41

thanks I miss mine too.

CarolHasAnotherUTI Fri 27-Mar-20 00:39:32

My dad died in 2008, and a post on here asking who people would want to be in isolation with set me off earlier this week.

You are not alone flowers

EveryDayIsADuvetDay Fri 27-Mar-20 00:46:56

This might sound callous, but I'm actually quite relieved I'm not having to co-ordinate care for my Father through this. As many people have said on other threads about elderly parents, they don't all get the need for social distancing/self isolation and/or take it seriously, and he would have been a nightmare.
Additionally he had many underlying risk factors, diabetes, heart disease and several strokes, so would have been extremely high risk; to have died alone in a pandemic such as this would be far more stressful for him and family.

Sorry for all posters that are missing loved ones.

cocorico42 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:25:08

Not at all. I have cried many tears over the last few days. My mum died last year and I miss her so very much. Te only upside to this whole situation is that I don't have to be scared of her getting the virus

MouthBreathingRage Fri 27-Mar-20 11:29:01

I feel you. I lost my mum a few months ago, but we weren't close. However, I sometimes just want to be someone's little girl again. I'm the oldest person in my family, I've barely turned 30. It's exhausting always having to be an adult with no parent to turn to when things get tough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »