Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to not give a soapy titwank about cricket?

(9 Posts)
Greensleeves Sat 08-Sep-07 14:01:36

or rugby, or bloody football?

The whole house has gone sport mental today, it's fucking everywhere! I am going to have to defect to the garden to get away from it angry

ArguidaCod Sat 08-Sep-07 14:03:30

ew grreny
how uncouth

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 08-Sep-07 14:05:32

I hate and detest cricket,golf,snooker,darts

foxinsocks Sat 08-Sep-07 14:07:37

I love cricket - it's very exciting this game, a decider.

jooseyfruit Sat 08-Sep-07 14:08:14

have just inhaled half a fig roll reading the words "soapy titwank". don't mind sport too much, draw the line at tennis on the radio though.

compo Sat 08-Sep-07 14:09:51

at least you don't have to entertain any one grin

startouchedtrinity Sat 08-Sep-07 14:13:48

My dh is cricket captain of the local Saturday side. The crap I have to listen to, you would not believe. Furthermore he is out all day Saturday and plays most Sundays, goes to at least one meeting a week (current topic: rebuilding of glorified shed known as the pavillion) and helps to prepare the pitch most weeks. I have yet to get through to him that I do not give a toss about any of it and that I think they are all a bunch of overgrown schoolboys with nothing better to think about.

Greensleeves Sat 08-Sep-07 14:15:32

Sympathy to you trinity. Honestly, cricket bores, they're worse than chess nerds shock

startouchedtrinity Sat 08-Sep-07 14:24:21

The only good thing is I made it crystal clear to him right from the first time he played that I am not doing the captain's wife thing. Meets with a huge amount of disapproval (not from dh but from others) but I have pointed out that we are two separate people and this is the 21st century.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now