Talk

Advanced search

Inappropriate clothing at a netball tournament - one of the fathers that is!

(112 Posts)
mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 19:41:32

So, watching a netball tournament this week and to be fair the weather was very windy. One of the fathers turned up wearing very lightweight shorts, so lightweight than when the wind blew, well lets just say I had a really good knowledge of his anatomy.

Now this was a tournament for yr 6 girls. Friends and I were literally crying with laughter and not quite sure where to look.

Lo and behold, at an even bigger tournament the next day and there he was again in the same or identical shorts (it had snowed in the morning in case anyone is wondering I I am in Australia).

So, the games staff from my DC's school felt he was dressed extremely inappropriately and so did I. But would anyone have actually said anything? Is it possible he was just oblivious?

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 19:42:49

And I know parents at the school his daughter attends and they immediately knew whom I was referring - apparently I was lucky he wasn't in his running tights shock

ffswhatnext Fri 28-Feb-20 19:43:36

Someone should have asked him to close his legs. And remind him the only balls people are here to see are the netballs.

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 19:48:03

grin

unfortunately the extremely lightweight material of the shorts meant everything was very clearly outlined.

And even more unfortunately I was at one point due to steps at penis level with penis man as we christened him.

RoomR0613 Fri 28-Feb-20 19:49:00

I feel there's an episode of friends that covers this.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3MDLIsJWQe8

BendyLikeBeckham Fri 28-Feb-20 19:49:12

grin

LouHotel Fri 28-Feb-20 19:49:38

He knows.

Justanouk Fri 28-Feb-20 19:49:52

Sorry, I don’t understand the bit about snowing in the morning in Australia this week. It’s February! I assume autocorrect did something wrong but could you explain?

JasonBrun Fri 28-Feb-20 19:50:11

He must know? Surely he knows?

GinnyStrupac Fri 28-Feb-20 19:51:34

I say old chap, if you insist on airing your difference, please do it where we can't all see it.

Let's hope he gets frostbite next time.

Years ago, as a woman too young and inexperienced to say anything, I used to work with a man like this. <shudders>

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 19:51:41

Sorry, meant I am not in Australia and it snowed here this week - so definitely not weather related shorts wearing!

I had forgotten that Friends episode grin

It was more the outline though that was the issue. It was very anatomically correct!

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 19:52:50

I am being light hearted but it was odd. And all the women I have spoken to who were either there or know him are uncomfortable about it but none of us said anything!

GinnyStrupac Fri 28-Feb-20 19:52:53

He knew.

Justanouk Fri 28-Feb-20 19:53:53

OK now I get it grin I was so confused!

He definitely knows. He gets a kick out of it. Someone official needs to take him aside and tell him off.

If it was a woman she’d have been told off long ago, I don’t doubt it.

HollowTalk Fri 28-Feb-20 19:55:04

He couldn't not know. He needs to be told to dress appropriately or keep away.

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 19:55:10

Sorry justanouk! Realised, my typing was poor!

FelicityBeedle Fri 28-Feb-20 19:57:52

You made it sound like they blew up and showed actual genitalia. The man wore shorts, you stared to the point you could easily see the outline of his dick, who’s the creep here ahain?

User721 Fri 28-Feb-20 19:57:59

He knew.

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 20:00:38

Felicitybeedle - that was your interpretation of what I wrote. I belive I clarified that his genitalia were clearly visible in outline due to the wind.

And honestly, you think that is appropriate at a tournament full of 10 year old girls, you are obviously a lot more broad minded than me.

Don't think I am the creep for thinking what he was wearing was inappropriate but always interesting to hear other view points.

GinnyStrupac Fri 28-Feb-20 20:00:47

I also thought it was a mice out of the house situation, rather than thin/tight and leaving nothing to the imagination.

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 20:01:44

And to be clear if his actual dick had been on view I would certainly have spoken to the staff at the school running the match. Thought that may have been obvious as would have been indecent exposure.

jenthelibrarian Fri 28-Feb-20 20:02:01

A bloke turned up to our Pilates class wearing bright turquoise leggings with not a stitch of anything underneath.
Believe me, taking up 'sideline' position with that opposite you was a bit...eye-watering? Unpleasant?
I was dead impressed that the gym manager 'had words' and then when dreaded leggings guy rocked up in them again told him to dress appropriately or get banned.
He, and his turquoise parts, were not seen again.

backinthebox Fri 28-Feb-20 20:03:03

I’m going to tell you a story. Bear with me, and you’ll see where I’m going.

I work on passenger aircraft. We used to, a long time ago, be able to have passenger visits to the cockpit, before 9/11. The Boeing 747 has crew bunks, and it’s usual for a napping crew member to change into PJs in the bunks. Men’s pyjamas sometimes have fly slits (or whatever they are called.)

This particular colleague emerged from his break, slightly sleepy still, in his PJs and on the way to the loo, when he noticed a passenger visiting the cockpit. The passenger was a very petite Australian singer who was once in a soap opera. While she was apparently gazing out of the window, his colleagues kept nodding and winking in the direction of his crotch. He kept shrugging and mouthing ‘what?’ Eventually the passenger turned round and loudly said ‘what your mates are trying to tell you, is that you dick is hanging out yer Jim jams!’

This is an infamous tale among crew. Why not adopt a very loud voice, channel your inner soap star/singer, and yell ‘hey mate, your testicles are hanging out yer shorts!’ He wouldn’t do it again.

mrscampbellblackagain Fri 28-Feb-20 20:03:08

Maybe though some people feel as long as there is a very thin layer of material covering things it is ok??? This was my quandary I guess. Was I being excessively prudish?

GinnyStrupac Fri 28-Feb-20 20:05:06

I remember a father who wore a very inappropriate t-shirt to primary-age school pick up. It was explicit - photo and slogan. Awful man.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »