Talk

Advanced search

Boris Johnstone quickly settles divorce.

(143 Posts)
Nippybutsweet Wed 19-Feb-20 01:53:12

AIBU to call it now that his girlfriend is pregnant?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/18/boris-johnson-agrees-divorce-settlement-with-marina-wheeler

Nippybutsweet Wed 19-Feb-20 01:56:08

* Johnson ffs autocorrect

Monty27 Wed 19-Feb-20 01:58:55

He's a twat. Hope exdw got a good settlement and didn't agree to a silencer

Nippybutsweet Wed 19-Feb-20 02:10:43

Oooh the book deal would be worth a fortune if she hadn't signed a silencing order.

PolPotNoodle Wed 19-Feb-20 02:46:12

Christ, this is his personal business. So what if his girlfriend may or may not be pregnant? Their situation is far from uncommon. Have we not learned from recent events to not sit on social media idly gossiping about famous people's lives as if it's any business of yours?

(YABU by the way)

ColaFreezePop Wed 19-Feb-20 02:47:46

1. Wheeler, his ex, took the case to court
2. Wheeler went into the marriage with more money than him
3. He already had at least one kid with another woman while married to her

Sobeyondthehills Wed 19-Feb-20 05:32:52

Christ, this is his personal business. So what if his girlfriend may or may not be pregnant? Their situation is far from uncommon. Have we not learned from recent events to not sit on social media idly gossiping about famous people's lives as if it's any business of yours?

While I would normally agree with you, he is our PM and should be held up to much higher standards than other famous people as he not only represents us on an international stage, he is also meant to represent us and his behaviour reflects on the British public

GiveHerHellFromUs Wed 19-Feb-20 05:43:00

Yes YABU.
It's none of your business.
They've reached a settlement which means she agreed.
He hasn't had a child while married to someone else, even if his girlfriend is pregnant.

Yes he's prime minister, but he's also just a man. There are men discussed on here who've done a whole lot worse than impregnate their girlfriend before completing their divorce.

hopefulhalf Wed 19-Feb-20 05:47:27

Er he has had a child with some else while married. He is a serial adulterer.

GiveHerHellFromUs Wed 19-Feb-20 05:49:15

@hopefulhalf I mean on this occasion grin

hopefulhalf Wed 19-Feb-20 05:51:21

Born in 2013, no contact.

hopefulhalf Wed 19-Feb-20 05:53:35

It is our bussiness the man behaves in a morally incontinent way. He is sadly our elected representative. It's not okay.

TheSpanielsBalls Wed 19-Feb-20 05:57:23

Does anyone else amuse themselves by sitting and wondering what it would be like if a female prime minister had several children but didn't disclose how many or who the fathers were and didn't initially have much contact with some of them etc?

Monty27 Wed 19-Feb-20 05:58:51

It's our business because he's supposed to be in control of the country hmm

HelgaHere1 Wed 19-Feb-20 06:00:53

Does anyone else amuse themselves by sitting and wondering what it would be like if a female prime minister had several children but didn't disclose how many or who the fathers were and didn't initially have much contact with some of them etc

Probably the fathers would be blamed.
Like the father is to blame here.

Yestermost Wed 19-Feb-20 06:05:16

Of course it's our business. His morals help dictate our country's direction.

Yestermost Wed 19-Feb-20 06:07:32

@HelgaHere1 no way would the press blame the fathers. Have you not seen how much they hate single mothers.

SirChing Wed 19-Feb-20 06:09:37

Does anyone else amuse themselves by sitting and wondering what it would be like if a female prime minister had several children but didn't disclose how many or who the fathers were and didn't initially have much contact with some of them etc?

Great point. Of course, it couldn't happen. Not a cat in hell's chance that a woman in such an opaque situation would EVER be elected party leader, let alone PM. She would be pilloried and called a 4x4 or whatever. Boris.......the public might as well just say "go on then son, get in there". Depressing.

HelgaHere1 Wed 19-Feb-20 06:12:48

Yestermost
Yes, that's true but I feel the wives/gfs or whatever who had his children were probably not shrinking violets whom he violated (but who knows). I feel some of the upper classes are a law unto themselves. Why would you get pregnant to a serial philanderer? I think some of the responsiblilty is theirs.

Monty27 Wed 19-Feb-20 06:13:53

@09SirChing
On that basis alone a female wouldn't be elected. It's depressing stuff sad

TheyAllFloat Wed 19-Feb-20 06:14:01

Some of it might be - but they are not in public office so the 'it's their business' argument holds more weight.

hopefulhalf Wed 19-Feb-20 06:18:46

Carrie Symonds (sp?) is almost certainly ill-advised. I think the previous one wanted a child, neither were married at the time BJ was.

Elephantonascooter Wed 19-Feb-20 06:19:36

In the wake of recent events covered in the media, is it not best to refrain from snap judgements and "it's our business" topics when it clearly isn't.

AIBU to call it now that his girlfriend is pregnant?

Imagine of she read that and thought "the only reason he's diveroced her to to avoid the public scrutiny if I'm pregnant.

GloriousGoosebumps Wed 19-Feb-20 06:22:51

I think the quick divorce is more due to the fact that a serving Prime Minister can't afford to have the details of a nasty, bitter divorce spread all over the newspapers particularly given the adverse publicity about Dominic Cummings / Andrew Sabisky and the anticipated newspaper coverage when we don't negotiate the fantastic trade deals we've been promised.

Jojoanna Wed 19-Feb-20 06:33:33

Where is Boris anyway ? Shouldn’t he be visiting the flood hit areas ? Off topic

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »