Talk

Advanced search

To think this pregnant woman was overly entitled

(51 Posts)
Bleakskies Mon 17-Feb-20 11:25:02

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/breastfeeding-mum-asked-leave-zizzi-3849780

It just seems that she was looking to get offended for social media likes.

PurpleDaisies Mon 17-Feb-20 11:26:34

The incident, on Sunday, February 2, was made all the more frustrating for the mum, because a large part of her job involves urging new mums to breastfeed their infants and feel confident doing it in public.

This sounds like someone looking for a fight.

Bleakskies Mon 17-Feb-20 11:29:24

Ikr

She was actually offered a table aswell.

NRPDad Mon 17-Feb-20 11:30:05

Walk in, no booking, busy restaurant. She was offered a table, she didn't like it. The 'couples only' insistence seemed weird but for all we know they had some bookings due in on those tables as only one side of the story is presented. Probably easier to just try another restaurant? Which is what she ended up doing anyway.

Oysterbabe Mon 17-Feb-20 11:31:20

Pregnant woman?

WarrenNicole Mon 17-Feb-20 11:31:33

As a breastfeeding mother, there are times where I’ve just had to feed baby standing up in a public place with no privacy. For example, in a queue waiting to check in at the airport. You can’t always expect to be accommodated as you would wish.

CherieBabySpliffUp Mon 17-Feb-20 11:33:23

I can see why they didn't want her to sit there as she was stopping customers from using it. She wasn't going to stay there when her family arrived as the table would have been too small.

WorraLiberty Mon 17-Feb-20 11:34:13

It makes me wonder if she actually was planning to eat their later with her husband and child.

They took her word for it, offered to clear a table for her and that still wasn't good enough.

She got asked to leave because in her words, they could see she was getting 'irritated and angry'. I would've asked her to leave too.

NameChangeNugget Mon 17-Feb-20 11:35:29

She sounds like a twat

recordbox Mon 17-Feb-20 11:37:46

They didn't have a table for her whether she was breastfeeding or not. She is shouting about nothing. I don't think she is pregnant as well though?

LonginesPrime Mon 17-Feb-20 11:37:54

Agree - the breastfeeding had nothing to do with it aside from the fact the mum made it all about that.

You can't expect to go into a restaurant with no booking and demand a specific table.

And it's obvious that the restaurant would want to reserve the smaller tables for couples around Valentine's Day - people aren't going to want to take their OH for a romantic meal and be put on a huge family table, are they?

I'd imagine she said she was waiting for her DS and husband, so it's a family table they'd need.

She says she was getting irritated and emotional = she screamed at them and was asked to leave. I can't understand why people think a £25 voucher is worth the humiliation of going to the papers about something like this.

WaitingInTheBushesOfLove Mon 17-Feb-20 11:39:03

She got asked to leave because in her words, they could see she was getting 'irritated and angry'. I would've asked her to leave too.

Having worked in retail I translated that as 'kicked off big time by shouting and throwing abuse to staff'

WorraLiberty Mon 17-Feb-20 11:41:28

She said: “My daughter was crying so I went ahead thinking I could feed her at the restaurant. We wanted to eat there because we had a voucher.

Hmm, makes you wonder how she got the first voucher wink

crispysausagerolls Mon 17-Feb-20 11:41:50

Maybe she could have sat to feed at the smaller table whilst they cleared the bigger one - if her baby was crying for milk I can understand her desire to do that.

Equally though she must have kicked off a fair bit to have been asked to leave!

Nicknacky Mon 17-Feb-20 11:42:38

It is beyond me why this even made a newspaper and why the head office gave her a bloody voucher! They should have backed their staff up.

LonginesPrime Mon 17-Feb-20 11:43:26

The worst thing is that the headline makes it sound like she was asked to leave for breastfeeding, not for kicking off because the staff didn't meet her demands.

MashedPotatoBrainz Mon 17-Feb-20 11:43:33

It's a very strange tale. She went there to feed her baby on the basis that she'd be eating there later with her husband and other child? So she wasn't planning on eating at that point? She just wanted somewhere to sit and feed the baby? Sorry, but why would a busy restaurant provide any table to anyone, breastfeeding or not, who wasn't intending to order?

WorraLiberty Mon 17-Feb-20 11:48:07

I also love how she managed to publicly praise Frankie & Benny's. Perhaps she's after a voucher from them too? grin

Bleakskies Mon 17-Feb-20 11:55:03

Worraliberty grin

SoupDragon Mon 17-Feb-20 11:55:06

How on earth has this got anything to do with breastfeeding??

AJPTaylor Mon 17-Feb-20 12:01:38

Sounds like a load of old bollocks to me.

NotEverythingIsBlackandWhite Mon 17-Feb-20 12:04:47

It's up to the restaurant if they want to allocate certain tables and areas to couples or families or whatever.

If I asked for a specific table and was told it was only for couples and I wasn't with someone as a couple, I would just accept that.

Nothing to do with breastfeeding at all.

2020vision10 Mon 17-Feb-20 12:23:26

I'm normally one to defend breastfeeding mothers but this one just seems a bit off, they didn't ask her to leave because of breastfeeding but because she was being difficult and probably quite aggressive. They tried to accommodate her and she got all funny because she wanted a specific table... Sounds like she wanted a reason to kick off and twist it into a breastfeeding issue... She's what we refer to as a "Nipple Nazi"... Talk about trying to get her compensation face on and 15 minute of fame hmm

icedgem85 Mon 17-Feb-20 12:29:30

What an idiot. Her job is promoting confident breastfeeding but she didn’t like the table she was offered because it was too ‘open’? What happens when the baby wants more milk when the family are there? Is she going to expect another table to be freed up for her? Ffs. Utterly ridiculous. Had they said no sorry you can’t feed here then of course complain but this is just stupid!

CeibaTree Mon 17-Feb-20 12:31:29

I don't know, sounds like the restaurant staff were being a bit 'jobsworth' - if the table was free why not just let her sit there. Although if they offered her another table and she refused it, then sounds like she was being difficult just to make a point. So I'd say this was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »