Talk

Advanced search

to change the time on the clock

(8 Posts)
justkeepswimmingxx Sat 15-Feb-20 00:22:09

so in school holidays my 7 year old wants to stay up till very late like midnight. me and dp are awake till late most evenings anyway. I change the time on the clock in the evening bit by bit, so instead of sleeping at 12 she sleeps at 10ish. AIBU

Lockheart Sat 15-Feb-20 00:22:39

It's your clock, do what you want.

Sparklesocks Sat 15-Feb-20 00:24:28

You can do whatever works best, but also you are the parent - you get to dictate the bedtime, so you can just send her earlier rather than pretend it’s earlier.

Graphista Sat 15-Feb-20 00:31:16

You need to get a grip on your disciplinary techniques!

If you can't manage a 7 year old how you gonna cope with a teenager?

You're the adults, what you say goes no ifs buts or maybes!

TheClaws Sat 15-Feb-20 00:41:34

When my kids were little, 15 years ago, one of our local TV stations ran a ‘Good night kids, time for bed’ thing around 7.30pm every night. I recorded it and played it on nights i wanted my kids to go bed earlier. It worked fantastically well. grin

RainbowMum11 Sat 15-Feb-20 01:14:27

Just tell them it's time for bed 🤷‍♀️ don't let them dictate, bed time is when it is, could be later at a weekend or holiday but it's still your call.

heartsonacake Sat 15-Feb-20 01:30:47

Of course YABU because you’re trying to get out of the hard work of being a parent.

Being a parent is tough and you need to set boundaries, not tiptoe around your children for fear of making them upset or angry.

SpaceDinosaur Sat 15-Feb-20 01:54:10

Thank god 7 yr olds can't read or tell the time.... oh, wait... shit!

Change the clocks if you like OP but there's more than one way to tell the time in your home. TV, phones tablets etc.

Just say NO. Parent your child.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »