Talk

Advanced search

To be FURIOUS DH just presented me with a massive bouquet for Valentines Day?

(212 Posts)
Desperelda Fri 14-Feb-20 08:20:33

After letting me think he hadn’t got me anything therefore making me get quite angry and call lhim a bastard. I feel like shit now!

I also lied and said he wasn’t getting what I’d bought for him as he hadn’t got me anything, but I haven’t actually got him anything so am now hiding in bedroom until he’s left so I can get him something on the school run and pretend that I didn’t just buy it.

Fuck!

Palegreenstars Fri 14-Feb-20 08:22:36

You called him a bastard?

Ffsnosexallowed Fri 14-Feb-20 08:22:41

You really need to grow up. Be kind to each other.

Porcupineinwaiting Fri 14-Feb-20 08:22:46

So, hang on a sec. You bought him nothing but then got angry at him because you thought he'd got you nothing? Poor guy!

Enchiladas Fri 14-Feb-20 08:24:29

confused

TurnOffTheTv Fri 14-Feb-20 08:24:30

Well you sound charming. Calling him a bastard? Really??

mollypuss1 Fri 14-Feb-20 08:24:30

Are you 12 years old?

Fuckitwhynot Fri 14-Feb-20 08:25:13

Bloody hell! It’s all a load of bollocks anyway can’t believe you called him a bastard over it! How would you feel if he now called you a complete bitch because you didn’t get him anything?
You sound like a total dickhead.

Shoxfordian Fri 14-Feb-20 08:25:31

Are you both on the way to school now? Wow.

JeezyPeeps Fri 14-Feb-20 08:25:52

School run? Are you planning to skive off in order to buy something?

WaterSheep Fri 14-Feb-20 08:26:06

So you bought him nothing, but got angry enough to call him a bastard because you thought he hadn't bought you anything. confused

Now he's actually given you the flowers you're furious.

Your poor husband.

cricketmum84 Fri 14-Feb-20 08:26:24

Ridiculous. I hope this is a lighthearted post and not indicative of your relationship!

YasssKween Fri 14-Feb-20 08:28:17

So you bought him nothing, but got angry enough to call him a bastard because you thought he hadn't bought you anything. Now he's actually given you the flowers you're furious.

Like PP if this is correct then your behaviour is really weird. And really, really childish!

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Fri 14-Feb-20 08:29:17

So YOU had not bought your DH anything anyway and called him a bastard for getting you nothing (before the flowers) ?

Yes YABU, Very much so.

KundaliniRising Fri 14-Feb-20 08:30:31

LionelRitchieStoleMyNotebook Fri 14-Feb-20 08:30:53

When you say husband do you mean bae and when you say school run do you mean on your way to school?

VivaDixie Fri 14-Feb-20 08:31:54

Wow

PurpleDaisies Fri 14-Feb-20 08:32:59

I kind of get it. DH and I don’t do Valentine’s Day so I’d be a bit bemused if he’d got me something.

Getting angry and calling him a bat is really out of order though.

HasaDigaEebowai Fri 14-Feb-20 08:33:21

You sound like a complete and utter child. From the strop about not having anything bought for you down to the anger and name calling and the stupid behaviour. You'd better hope he's still around next valentines day.

Flufferbum Fri 14-Feb-20 08:34:10

Haha OP! Your getting quite a lot of stick over bugger all! It’s funny!

Elbeagle Fri 14-Feb-20 08:34:42

Gosh. All this angst.
You were pissed off because you thought he hadn’t got you anything. But you didn’t get him anything. And now you’re pissed off because he did actually get you something? And you both lied to each other about whether you’d got each other anything or not? Ok.
DH got me a card. I got him nothing. We’re both happy with our lot!

GiveHerHellFromUs Fri 14-Feb-20 08:34:49

How can you justify being angry when you hadn't bought him anything?

iano Fri 14-Feb-20 08:35:00

YABU! You need to apologise and grow up a bit. I feel sorry for your DH! Are you getting help for this sort of behaviour. It's not normal

AnyFucker Fri 14-Feb-20 08:35:42

Christ, I hate Valentines Day

bridgetreilly Fri 14-Feb-20 08:35:44

This is all bonkers. Get a grip. Thank DH for the lovely flowers and be glad you have someone who loves you. Stop with the tit-for-tat passive aggression and start being honest with the person who is supposed to be your partner in life.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »