Talk

Advanced search

‘Bubbly’ ‘smiley’ work colleagues

(179 Posts)
Joker0fGotham Thu 13-Feb-20 08:25:09

Thoughts?

Enchiladas Thu 13-Feb-20 08:27:05

Better than the sour faced, miserable colleagues.

NotEverythingIsBlackandWhite Thu 13-Feb-20 08:28:24

Better to be around than miserable ones. Smiles are infectious and good for us. Misery is infectious and bad for us.

Joker123 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:29:42

Do you think they’re being fake?

Crinkle77 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:29:44

Yeah would much rather be around happy people than miserable.

HorseFlyOfExtraordinaryLength Thu 13-Feb-20 08:30:48

Hmmm could get annoying if I'm feeling particularly dour but generally I'd say they're preferable to miserable gits, moaners and terribly serious types.

happystory Thu 13-Feb-20 08:30:59

I think it makes for a happier work place. People who moan all the time are so draining.

heartsonacake Thu 13-Feb-20 08:31:03

They’re a joy to work with. Being around positive smiley people creates a nice and happy atmosphere.

Spudlet Thu 13-Feb-20 08:33:24

Having worked with both cheery types and the polar opposite, give me a smiler any day of the week. Constant cynicism and moaning gets wearing after a while.

StealthPolarBear Thu 13-Feb-20 08:33:57

Sounds good, what is the aibu?

DeborahAnnabelToo Thu 13-Feb-20 08:36:28

Fine most of the time, irritating occasionally (although I know it's unreasonable to admit this) What I find hard is people who are relentlessly like this and you can tell it's a very fragile facade which could crack into full on psychosis at any time shock

Babyg1995 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:37:54

I work with a bunch of sour faced women who don't even like there self's let alone each other moan bitch and complain about everything give me cheery over that any day .

TheNoiseHurts Thu 13-Feb-20 08:38:19

Sooner that then miserable bastards.

I work with both and I like bubbly and smiley.
No one likes the misery guts. They may nod, frown and agree that life sucks with you, but they are all thinking the same "They are such a miserable bastard, do they ever stop bitching and complaining?"

Mycatismadeofstringcheese Thu 13-Feb-20 08:43:34

I’m bubbly and smiley at work AMA.

PuppyMonkey Thu 13-Feb-20 08:48:16

I don't know whether YABU or YANBU as you're not saying whether you like them or you hate them. confused

Cornettoninja Thu 13-Feb-20 08:48:43

A balance is best isn’t it? Misery guts are contagious as are gossipy busy bodies but I do find overly cheerful people unnerving. Not just generally cheerful and pleasant but over the top wannabe butlins redcoats. They can come across as insincere and robot-like.

KatherineJaneway Thu 13-Feb-20 08:48:43

Better than some mood hoovers I've worked with.

GiveHerHellFromUs Thu 13-Feb-20 08:48:42

It depends if they're pleasant and competent or the kind of person who thinks if they're super nice nobody will question their incompetence.

WorraLiberty Thu 13-Feb-20 08:48:45

Did you post too soon OP?

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Feb-20 08:49:44

If in customer facing role absolutely. But what’s the AIBU and why do you need ‘thoughts’? And why is smiley in inverted commas?

pictish Thu 13-Feb-20 08:49:56

Thoughts? None. Depends on the individual doesn’t it?
What are your thoughts OP?

Snooper22 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:50:04

Being as I've just walked in and encountered the miserable cow downstairs, I would take the bubbly people any day. Thank god I'm leaving...

wizzywig Thu 13-Feb-20 08:50:51

Im happy and smiley at work! Why wouldnt i be? Im choosing to be there. Plus my home life is shit, so im actually pleased to be there

Dyrne Thu 13-Feb-20 08:51:22

At work at the moment, I hate bubbly smiley work colleagues as it is a clear sign that they are not horrifically overworked and I am jealous and bitter.

Fully appreciate IABU though grin

I am one of the “brittle facade” people who put on a happy smiley face with my direct reports but I can’t keep it up with my fellow managers and end up crying with them.

(Yes I am looking for a new job but it’s fucking impossible where I live and DP won’t move or let me retrain)

Thingsthatgo Thu 13-Feb-20 08:51:52

I like bubbly and smiley people. They energise me.
I dislike people that just talk all day about rubbish, they suck the energy out of me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »