Talk

Advanced search

To not feel sorry for colleague ripped off at strip club?

(552 Posts)
Bibbiditybobbidy Sun 26-Jan-20 23:00:38

30 year old colleague went to a well known strip club on a stag do, and woke up the next day with £7k missing from bank acct.
He was so drunk it appears he managed to spend all that without knowing. When he complained they sent him evidence of himself ( CCTV) at the bar authorising each transaction, times receipts etc
He parents have had to lend him ££ as he’s at his over draft limit and he’s paying them back.
He’s weeping and wailing about it but I just think he’s been an arse and should learn as lesson AIBU? He’s getting lots of sympathy about the ‘injustice’ of it in the office... but he's exactly the kind of guy to show off in front of his mates playing the big man, while he’s actually a bit of a beta male...I have NO sympathy for him, the little creep!

Clymene Sun 26-Jan-20 23:01:55

I have no sympathy for any man who goes to a strip club

clpsmum Sun 26-Jan-20 23:01:58

I don't even believe him tbh. I think he is saying it to show off in some kind of odd way to his work colleagues. Either way he's a complete prick!

NewMe2020 Sun 26-Jan-20 23:02:08

Lol!

Noeuf Sun 26-Jan-20 23:02:15

No one deserves to be scammed out of 7k.

steff13 Sun 26-Jan-20 23:02:23

If he made the transactions, I don't agree he was ripped off.

ellendegeneres Sun 26-Jan-20 23:02:49

Woooow they saw him coming a mile off 😂

NancyJoan Sun 26-Jan-20 23:03:15

Shame.

Bibbiditybobbidy Sun 26-Jan-20 23:04:07

Police have told him to suck it up, there’s no suggestion that he was coerced or drugged or anything like that. He’s deffo not showing off, he just can’t keep his mouth shut and blabbed to a couple of people who thought it was hilarious

Thestrangestthing Sun 26-Jan-20 23:04:34

So he wasn't ripped off then, he just spent the money?

jakeyboy1 Sun 26-Jan-20 23:05:08

Idiot. My husband and his mates walked into one once and decided not to stay. They had to "buy a drink" for £100 each to get out. This included some very tight friends who no way would willingly spend that or could afford to. They have never made that mistake again. At £7k he made a lot of mistakes!

londoncanyouwait Sun 26-Jan-20 23:05:18

How did he spend 7k?

MyNewBearTotoro Sun 26-Jan-20 23:05:30

How on earth did he manage to spend 7k? I don’t know how a strip club works, was he paying huge amounts for private dances etc? The 7k couldn’t have been on drinks alone? To be honest if he was really that drunk I think it was probably unfair for the club to be letting him spend such huge amounts of money but I guess if you run a strip club you probably don’t have the highest morals and in that way I don’t see how your colleague can be that surprised a venue which takes advantage of women every night were happy to take advantage of him.

amillionwishes Sun 26-Jan-20 23:05:39

7k? What was he buying? Even if he was buying bottles of Cristal that's still a fair few bottles... or did he pay for the entire stag group to have constant dances from every girl who worked at the club for the whole night?

What a knob

HollowTalk Sun 26-Jan-20 23:06:22

He spent money by playing the big man in a strip club. They probably didn't tell him exactly what everything cost; that's what happens if you're really drunk in a dodgy club.

Bibbiditybobbidy Sun 26-Jan-20 23:06:45

He’s claiming he was scammed as he doesn’t remember the transactions or what they were for ... drinks and ‘private’ dances apparently. The club is a chain but well known for this kind of thing I believe...

PersonaNonGarter Sun 26-Jan-20 23:07:47

£7k? That’s a lot of credit, how did he have access?

CurrynChips Sun 26-Jan-20 23:09:55

I kind of agree with you, and in real life I'd have very little sympathy for someone like this. Time he learned to manage his drinking, stop playing the big I am and take responsibility for his own behaviour.

But at the same time if he was buying alcohol, it's illegal to sell alcohol to someone who's drunk and if he was so drunk he had no memory of it, it would have been obvious he was drunk, so he is right that the club behaved not just morally dubiously but illegally.

Mumdiva99 Sun 26-Jan-20 23:12:23

I was in Vegas for a wedding and two gents from our party had exactly this happen to them. Unfortunately the chap whose card it was had a fiance at home that he had a lot of explaining to do. They were very very drunk and the clubs take advantage. It's a very very expensive lesson to learn. (and one I didn't hear about until years later as the chap was very very embarrassed). It is a scam - and you don't know exactly what happened because you were very drunk.

Bibbiditybobbidy Sun 26-Jan-20 23:12:50

As to how it happened - it was near pay day so he had a couple of £k in his acct and an overdraft limit if £5k on top of that. And it all went through okay ( 1am, 2am)
I suppose it might have been more otherwise. The F-wit...

CorneliusBeefington Sun 26-Jan-20 23:12:52

grin Brilliant! They absolutely saw him coming. He didn't get ripped off, he spent it, and he'll have hopefully made a few dancers very happy (January is a shit month to work.)

Travis1 Sun 26-Jan-20 23:15:13

Ever seen ‘Hustle’? Think your colleague might like it grin

Travis1 Sun 26-Jan-20 23:16:14

Hustlers even 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

Bibbiditybobbidy Sun 26-Jan-20 23:20:54

This was before Xmas, it’s all come out now he knows he ain’t getting his money back. He’s single, so at least he doesn’t Have to explain The vip ‘dances’ to anyone

Weetabollocks Sun 26-Jan-20 23:22:40

He didn't get scammed, he spent all jokes money in a strip club, boo hoo poor little alpha Male..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »