Page 12 | To ask what the secret is behind the Maltesers box?

(281 Posts)
Poptasmagorical Sat 25-Jan-20 19:36:00

Just that really: what is the box design all about? Why is there the circular hole? What are the perforated quarter circles for? Is it all some advanced alien technology or am I just too dense to understand a basic cardboard box?

OP’s posts: |
LizzieVereker Sat 16-Jan-21 13:16:43

MusicToMyEars800

I love the little chewy ones there should be more!

You utter deviant. No.

Newrumpus Sat 16-Jan-21 13:24:04

There is a kids’ detective book where the box of Maltesers has a barcode which is secret code to open a criminal’s secret safe wherein are stashed the diamonds. Does that help?

Poptasmagorical Sat 16-Jan-21 13:40:18

I've just reread this thread and made myself laugh with my own stories account of my Maltesers career.

OP’s posts: |
2021optimist Sat 16-Jan-21 20:23:05

Have the boxes got smaller or have fewer in? I used to share a box with my Mother (as a kid) and now I can eat a whole box myself. It can't be increasing greed, surely???

OneEpisode Sat 16-Jan-21 20:27:15

This thread has been going a year and now we are all wanting Maltesers. Did the pp bumping the zombie get a commission?

Sweetpea1532 Sat 16-Jan-21 21:40:06

@OneEpisode
Hahahalol! I'm the bumper but I swear I did not even get one tiny ball of deliciousness as a commission.
I figured that since everyone (except the one poster who told @Poptasmagorical to 'get a life' ) had so much MN fun last year with the
Post that it needed to come out of zombie status to cheer up the Malteser lovers of the world once again. Yes, @Poptasmagorical
You did dig deep with your accounts of being the Maltesers company's choice as the UK national spokesperson...so get cracking on some more fantastic tales...the world is counting on you for some much needed gigglesgrinflowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in