Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at hubby and "new girl?"

(228 Posts)
MerryPoppins86 Mon 20-Jan-20 22:20:53

Name changed for this. So hubby office shares informally with a friend when he needs to do some admin (admittedly he can't do anything at the office that he can't do at home - but not the point). A new girl started work for his friends business, 19 years old. When she started all I heard was "x is so clever, x is so funny, x is so good at her job, x has such a lovely telephone voice, x is so nice" and so on and so forth. Irked me a bit at the time but didn't say anything and didn't give it much more thought. Since she's started he's been spending more and more time there, whenever I ring him he seems to be there. Made a point of saying he seems to be there a lot and he brushed it off. Fast forward to now, he's on his phone showing me something and a message flashes up from her. I didn't even know they'd exchanged numbers. I asked to see the message thread and he reluctantly showed me, saying he shouldn't have to. It was all pretty innocent tbh but still I'm annoyed. He says they only exchanged numbers for business reasons as she helps him with some admin sometimes. However he had given his personal number and not his business number. The messages were not business related. Something feels off about it for me and he thinks I'm being unreasonable to be annoyed and it's purely innocent. Something tells me he wouldn't be creating a "friendship" with her if she wasn't a pretty, slim blonde. Thoughts please. Be kind confused

Scootingthebreeze Wed 22-Jan-20 19:54:08

Onlythetit - you've hit the nail on the head IMO

WaggleWiggle Wed 22-Jan-20 20:08:58

I think you are right to be cautious as they are starting to get into a pattern of cosy private non-work chats, which wouldn’t be so much of a problem if 1) it wasn’t secretive and 2) he didn’t seem to find her appealing.

I think at this point, the best thing you can do is be alert and make it clear exactly what he’d be losing if he was to cross the line.

MsDogLady Fri 24-Jan-20 04:22:38

Have you spoken to your H, OP?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »