Talk

Advanced search

CF neighbour thread

(40 Posts)
PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 19-Jan-20 15:04:18

Recently got some security lights for our back garden,had them up for a few weeks.Ndn has just messaged me asking where I got them from (Amazon).She then asked if I can order her some and she'll bring me cash round and would dh mind fitting them 😂😂

Aquamarine1029 Sun 19-Jan-20 15:08:40

Well, sure! After you deliver the lights, you can clean her house and make them dinner, too.

ioioitsoff Sun 19-Jan-20 15:10:47

Tell her what your DHs hourly rate is in writing and wait for a reply to the quote.

PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 19-Jan-20 15:10:56

I know me and dh are sat pissing ourselves about it

HollowTalk Sun 19-Jan-20 15:15:13

My neighbour would do that for me, though! And I would for them, though I wouldn't be much use at that sort of thing.

CharlotteUnaNatalieThompson Sun 19-Jan-20 15:17:10

Fuck that! Send her the link to do it herself

PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 19-Jan-20 15:19:01

@Hollowtalk it's the placing the order for her AND the request to install in one go that we couldnt believe

sonjadog Sun 19-Jan-20 15:19:28

Is she on her own? Yes, it is a bit cheeky but if she has no-one to ask, then maybe it is more that she needs a little help in life rather than she cannot be bothered doing it herself.

HollowTalk Sun 19-Jan-20 15:21:08

Yeah that bit is very cheeky. She thinks your husband is her husband.

PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 19-Jan-20 15:22:00

@sonjadog no shes got a dh

singtanana Sun 19-Jan-20 15:22:07

I guess it depends how she asked. I think it’s ok to ask for help nicely and without expectation. If she demanded/expected it then that’s not good. Helping neighbours can be good.

fedup21 Sun 19-Jan-20 15:23:17

Ha ha! What are you going to reply?

beautifulxdisasters Sun 19-Jan-20 15:26:08

Is she on her own and/or significantly older than you? I know my Nan's neighbours would do this for her as she is nearly 90 and wouldn't know how, but she'd buy them some wine/beers and a card to say thanks!

Drum2018 Sun 19-Jan-20 15:26:53

Just send her the Amazon link as a reply and say no more about it. If she does order them and she asks for help installing them, Dh can then decide if he wants to help.

PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 19-Jan-20 15:33:29

She is not older or anything like that.I have said I'll order them as a one off but dh will not be putting them up

flouncyfanny Sun 19-Jan-20 15:35:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheBigFatMermaid Sun 19-Jan-20 15:40:45

I'd order stuff for one of my neighbours! We have each others account details though and would put money in before it was ordered!

I do Amazon and M and M direct, she does eBay and a catalogue (which she lets me have credit on).

The requesting your DH to fit it is dangerous territory, it could lead to more and more requests!

PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 19-Jan-20 15:43:28

I knew I wasnt being unreasonable to be thinking this is majorly taking the piss grin
I think alchohol may have been consumed on her part before she messaged.

Buggedandconfused Sun 19-Jan-20 15:46:26

Just send her link, and tell her ‘no we can’t fit them bit if your husband can’t I believe there are many local companies that will’

Shy bairns get nowt as they say but that is really cheeky!

2020BetterBeBetter Sun 19-Jan-20 15:48:40

It depends. Surely if you get on well and are friendly, it’s a non issue? I’d order things for and help my neighbours and so would DH. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Rosebel Sun 19-Jan-20 15:50:50

I reckon she and her husband are useless and can't install the lights but tucking cheeky to expect your husband to do it. I'd have probably text back with laughing emoji.

FourDecades Sun 19-Jan-20 15:54:15

Don't order unless you get the money first.

I wouldn't want to even do that, because if there is an issue with the light's - you'll have to sort it out as it's your account.

lifeisgoodmostofthetime Sun 19-Jan-20 15:54:46

Pissing yourself laughing? Why? What's so funny? Why can't your dh install them? I do things for my neighbors and vice Versa and don't expect Payment. It's called being friendly. You sound very selfish and quite pathetic. Grow up.

Bluetrews25 Sun 19-Jan-20 15:56:54

Add £150 (or whatever you think makes it worthwhile) on to cost and say you will fit them for that.

eminencegrise Sun 19-Jan-20 15:59:33

You're a fool to order without the money first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »