Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that men who have no fashion sense should let their wives dress them?

(69 Posts)
eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:00:16

I mean jeez where are Trinny and Suzanna when you need them?

gringottsgoblin Thu 30-Aug-07 15:01:01

rofl yanbu grin

Caroline1852 Thu 30-Aug-07 15:04:40

My DP bought a shirt just the other day which is dark grainy blue, short sleeved, wait for it .... with epaulets. I saw it in the bag in the kitchen and had a quick look at it, rolled round the floor laughing before stuffing it back in the bag. He hasn't showed it to me yet. I am bracing myself.

southeastastra Thu 30-Aug-07 15:05:38

epualets are in this year caroline, unless he got it from a sunday supplement grin

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:05:50

epaulets?

UnquietDad Thu 30-Aug-07 15:06:13

What, literally dress them, the way you'd dress a 4-year-old DS?

Oh, how I love doing the "Put my socks on, dad!" / "They won't fit me!" joke. He never tires of it...

doggiesayswoof Thu 30-Aug-07 15:07:37

YANBU

I am ashamed to say it but I buy nearly all dh's clothes

He would happily walk around with his bollocks hanging out of torn trousers and not bother (mind on higher things or something)

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:09:29

No, I mean like, "oh dear, those trousers really don't math that shirt, why don't you wear one of these" and have him do it himself.

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:10:46

Do you have fashion sense, unquiet dad? Do you wear knee socks with your shorts? And do the socks match each other?

leakyR Thu 30-Aug-07 15:10:48

YANBU My DH has no idea/interest in clothes. Don't think he's bought any for himself since I moved in!

I removed 11 almost identical checked shirts from his wardrobe when I had my last clear out.

ConnorTraceptive Thu 30-Aug-07 15:10:51

YANBU

I buy dh's clothes, put out stuff for him to wear and decide what he's taking with us on holiday. He's like a little lamb and just does without question grin

NomDePlumeCantFindTheCatch Thu 30-Aug-07 15:11:45

Who says the wives of these men have any dress sense either ?

I've seen many a terribly dressed man with an equally shockingly dressed woman on his arm.

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:12:12

See Connor, now that's what I'm looking for. If they can dress themselves ok. But if not, why can they not step back and say oh okay I'll take your advice as this is really not my thing.

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:12:45

Maybe he dressed her?

Caroline1852 Thu 30-Aug-07 15:13:14

eleusis - epaulets - little button down loops on the shoulders - pilots' shirts have them.
southeastastra - it looks very sunday supplement. Like something you might wear with some slip on shoes in beige (available from same sunday supplement). I did not check the label but I think it might have crackled as I put it back in the bag. grin

MyTwopenceworth Thu 30-Aug-07 15:13:58

Dh came home once with a shirt that looked like someone had had ten pints and a curry and thrown up into dog shit, and then tried to clean up all the mess with this shirt.

newlifenewname Thu 30-Aug-07 15:14:24

Is a slippery slope though - next you'll be wiping the toilet rim after they've peed cos let's face it they can't do that all that well either.

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:15:03

Actually it's funny you say that because my brother has the absolute worst fashion sense. We are talkin plaid shorts with a plaid shirt (not if the same plaid). And, his wife is color blind. My poor neices used to look like like right little clowns.

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:16:38

No no no. This does not equate to wiping the toilet seat. It equates to telling them to wipe it and having them do it.

Caroline1852 Thu 30-Aug-07 15:20:41

Or asked another way: is the OP being unreasonable to think that men who have fashion sense should let their wives undress them?

eleusis Thu 30-Aug-07 15:21:40

Erm... are you suggesting that there are men who object to being undressed?

UnquietDad Thu 30-Aug-07 15:33:04

I used to have a shirt in mint green and purple vertical stipes. Very trendy in 1989 complete with Happy Mondays haircut.

Anna8888 Thu 30-Aug-07 15:37:44

YANBU. Badly dressed men = gross.

But try to take along a (well-dressed) male friend of his when you go shopping. More fun, more productive.

Anyway, we mostly go to the kind of shops that dress the whole family - Napapijri, Bellerose, Gant, Gap... Much more fun, even though we have to be careful not to end up looking too similar...

TigerFeet Thu 30-Aug-07 15:38:45

YABU imho

DH has absolutely no idea, he is getting better recently but spent a Long Long Time wearing white polo shirts and jeans from Matalan.

I tell him he should branch out a bit but I would never dream of telling him what to wear. The fact that he dresses like his Dad a lot of the time grin is his choice. I "allow" him to dress as he pleases and he takes the piss taking like a man.

I would be horrified if someone told me what to wear (outside of me asking for an opinion obv) so I wouldn't dream of doing it to someone else

Anna8888 Thu 30-Aug-07 15:41:25

LOL Tigerfeet.

My partner used to dress like his father. Now he doesn't any longer he looks at his father's clothes/haircut in total horror practically every time he sees him...

I got a little email from my partner earlier today passing on a compliment from my elder stepson about the great shops I take them to grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now