Talk

Advanced search

To the lady I arranged a Christmas gift swap with...

(194 Posts)
giftponderings Sat 18-Jan-20 13:05:25

On the Christmas gift swap thread, I arranged a gift swap on private messenger.

I posted my parcel on the 3rd Jan and was told my parcel would be posted within the next few days. I have not received anything as of yet. I have sent two private messages asking if my parcel had been delivered and that I had proof of postage if they needed it, and could I please have my proof of postage, as I think my parcel may have got lost.

AIBU to wonder if my parcel has not been posted yet?

To the person who I've sent my parcel to, please can you let me know when I can expect my parcel?

Thank you ☺️

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Sat 18-Jan-20 13:25:36

If its the same country then I would say YANBU at all . Even if they posted it on the 10th or something it should be there now.

Lailaha Sat 18-Jan-20 13:26:41

There have previously been issues on those types of thread with people not keeping their side of the bargain, unfortunately.

DonPablo Sat 18-Jan-20 13:28:31

You're not getting a parcel. Not everyone here has good intentions.

giftponderings Sat 18-Jan-20 13:28:59

Oh no, I hadn't realised that people wouldn't post back to me😩

It was only from England, and I'm in Scotland

Traffy Sat 18-Jan-20 13:29:18

Sounds like your gift might not be coming, OP. sad

I hope you didn't send anything too expensive?

lippi Sat 18-Jan-20 13:30:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

giftponderings Sat 18-Jan-20 13:30:40

My parcel was around £10/£15 worth, similar to what I had hoped to receive.

Any advice on what I can do, or just forget it now?

Travis1 Sat 18-Jan-20 13:31:41

Unfortunately you’ve encountered a scammy fuck and I don’t think you’ll be getting a package. Sorry flowers

giftponderings Sat 18-Jan-20 13:38:20

Awww no, I was just hoping you would all say "It's fine, just wait a few more days" but now I'm wondering about naming and shaming them if I don't hear anything in a day or so.

At least I can maybe prevent it happening to someone else next year. Thanks for your advice.

busyweeks78 Sat 18-Jan-20 13:38:30

Have they been active on other threads? Could be that something has happened in their personal life so they have been unable to post.

giftponderings Sat 18-Jan-20 13:41:53

@busyweeks78

That was my other though. Yes it's possible, as I've not seen them on here in a while.

I think I'll give it another few days and see how it goes from there.

hidinginthenightgarden Sat 18-Jan-20 13:42:31

Check to see if they have been online recently. Does't sound like you are getting your present.

kingkuta Sat 18-Jan-20 13:44:11

You know where she lives. Hunt her down OP grin

Or you could start sending her nice little (dog poo) parcels. That'll teach her wink

user32564567 Sat 18-Jan-20 13:44:56

I'd give it up as a bad job and let that be a lesson that people lie on the internet.

Ginkypig Sat 18-Jan-20 13:45:11

Namesearch them just to check if they are an active member. If they are then they could be unwell etc but as horrible as it is this is a huge site and not everyone is honest.

Give until say a few days after this thread then name them and report them to mnhq.

In my opinion as fun as these threads seem this isn't the first time a person has been scammed or duped so I tend to not get involved.

Tellingitlikeitisnt Sat 18-Jan-20 13:47:37

You can’t honestly be that naive OP?

If search history shows she’s quiet then it’s a name change and you have been had.

Don’t trust anyone

giftponderings Sat 18-Jan-20 13:49:47

Thank you for all your advice.

Nothing that I can see from them since Jan 1st, which is when they last replied to me.

Perhaps something has happened, I'll give them a while to respond and then follow the advice from here.

I have sent several things last year and this year and have received them all up until now, it's a shame. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon🤞🏼

MaisWeee Sat 18-Jan-20 14:01:33

Why on earth would you choose to exchange gifts with a random MNER?

Readordead Sat 18-Jan-20 14:11:04

Just forget it. You’ve been scammed, even on mnet.

FlibbertyGiblets Sat 18-Jan-20 14:14:02

Oh man it sucks but yup, you've been scammed. So sorry.

Hard way to learn that not everyone on the Internet has good intentions.

Strawberrypancakes Sat 18-Jan-20 14:14:11

That’s really sad OP. But I agree with the others, you can’t trust random people on the internet...

PegasusReturns Sat 18-Jan-20 14:16:57

Yep you’ve been scammed.

A useful reminder that not everyone is who they say they are.

TimeIhadaNameChange Sat 18-Jan-20 14:19:21

I thought the Christmas gift swap had been stopped for exactly this reason?

I know a FB group that does birthday gifts and secret Santas and the poor organiser sends continually best with problems whereby people either get nothing, or complain about what they are sent. It's a shame as it's such a nice idea in practice.

Orchidflower1 Sat 18-Jan-20 14:19:50

Oh dear @giftponderings you’ve been scammed I reckon.

Contact mnhq so they can ban the poster. Sadly this is doubtful it’s going to arrive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »