Talk

Advanced search

Strange post received

(232 Posts)
purplerainboww Fri 17-Jan-20 12:37:44

I have received 8 tickets from ticket master through the post this morning, total £315
No one in my house has any recollection of ordering them and stranger still they are addressed to my 10 year old DS, the address is correct except for one digit of the postcode. Have checked my bank and credit cards etc no payment has been made either, so would you contact ticket master? Keep them? Sell them??

Redda Fri 17-Jan-20 12:39:28

Could it be a competition win?

MulticolourMophead Fri 17-Jan-20 12:41:55

Could be a scam? Ordered in your DS's name and someone turning up for them?

Maybe get in touch with ticket master and ask for order information.

purplerainboww Fri 17-Jan-20 12:41:57

Oo could be? It's for a band before my time though and can't remember entering anything, But it is at a local venue so possibly? Have checked with other family members incase they ordered to my house but nothing, more concerned they have my 10year olds details?

purplerainboww Fri 17-Jan-20 12:43:18

Yes it being a scam it's what's concerning me too, there is no invoice in there but there is a booking number so will ring and ask them I think

CowBarf Fri 17-Jan-20 12:44:31

What are the tickets for?

Google the event + win tickets and see what comes up.

MulticolourMophead Fri 17-Jan-20 12:45:09

What about checking to see if your DS has a credit score online? Someone might be using his details fraudulently.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Fri 17-Jan-20 12:47:14

I think scammer has got hold of someone else’s bank ac details, ordered tickets, got them delivered to you (an unconnected name/address to ac holder) so the ac holder is not suspicious, scammers see if they get away with it and if they do, then they keep tapping the bank ac. And you’ve got legit tickets you didn’t pay for.

marchez Fri 17-Jan-20 12:47:39

Do NOT hand them over to anyone arriving at your house claiming they have been addressed incorrectly.

TellingBone Fri 17-Jan-20 12:47:48

Have you asked DS if he's clicked on a random competition entry on any of the sites he visits?

melj1213 Fri 17-Jan-20 12:48:27

Have you contacted Ticketmaster?

If I was sent tickets that nobody ordered I would be phoning the company who sent them as they will be able to trace the transaction.

Or, since you said it is a local venue, if Ticketmaster is no help could you pop in with the tickets and ask them what to do with them?

BarbarAnna Fri 17-Jan-20 12:53:11

Don’t ring the number on the tickets. Find a number online in case telephone number is dodgy.

makingmiracles Fri 17-Jan-20 12:54:36

just A thought, you said you checked cards etc, when you purchase tickets the money comes out straight away and the tickets are not usually sent till just before the event- I booked Disney on ice in sept and money was taken immediately but I won’t get tickets till March/April.
This means you may have to go back many months on bank/card statements!

Contact ticket master, definitely don’t hand them over to someone else claiming they’re theirs, if ticket master can trace the transaction and know they are meant for then they’ll be able to cancel the tickets and re issue new ones.

purplerainboww Fri 17-Jan-20 12:58:03

Stranger still I remember discussing with BIL before Christmas about this concert as we were thinking of getting tickets for PIL as a gift, have checked with him also and he hasn't ordered them, also certainly would not have ordered 8 of them! Will be grilling DS when he gets home from school what he's been clicking on online! It definitely seems like a scam or some sort of fraudulent activity though

inwood Fri 17-Jan-20 13:28:15

You didn't get slightly erm merry and order via Alexa?!

MyOwnSummer Fri 17-Jan-20 13:29:06

This could be identity theft - have you thought about doing Experian checks on everyone in your house and maybe seeking advice from Action Fraud?

LagunaBubbles Fri 17-Jan-20 13:34:19

Don't phone number on case its a scam. Strange they are for something you've thought about though!

TheYearOfTheDog Fri 17-Jan-20 13:36:03

Yeh 8 tickets on somebody else's dime. Wow.

howmuchfood Fri 17-Jan-20 13:49:39

The first thing I'd do is call ticketmaster and ask them about it

LifeSpectator Fri 17-Jan-20 14:06:15

have you had a look at what the adress is if you correct the postcode, and is your sons name common?

purplerainboww Fri 17-Jan-20 14:08:51

So DH has just rung ticket master and explained the situation, gave them the booking ref number but they wouldn't speak to him about the booking as he couldn't pass security as couldn't give the email address they were ordered to?? They told him they couldn't help any further, what bizarre customer service!

Namegirl12333333333 Fri 17-Jan-20 14:11:05

I’d tweet them OP that normally helps!!

All very bizarre though- wonder if your DS can shed any light on it later!

Straycatstrut Fri 17-Jan-20 14:13:35

Ahh this is scary. Are your details on Ticketmasters website? Is there a "pay later" option where only your address is needed? I'd definitely be phoning ticketmaster.

loobyloo1234 Fri 17-Jan-20 14:18:53

Could your DS have ordered them using someone else's card OP? Anyone else in the house with credit cards?

Whynosnowyet Fri 17-Jan-20 14:19:53

Email ticket master including screen shots of the actual tickets to prove you have them. A friend left his tickets at home for a series of shows. I had to send shots of tickets to show he had them before they would reissue..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »