Talk

Advanced search

Dh thinks I should make his lunch

(357 Posts)
williams345 Thu 16-Jan-20 18:23:34

Name change for this because I'm fuming,
Dh keeps moaning that I don't make his lunch for work , I look after the kids, I work, I clean the house. Why doesn't he make my lunch ?
I keep saying to him we are not in the 19th century just because I'm a women doesn't mean I HAVE to make your lunch. He has hands why can't he make it himself and in the past when I did used to make his lunch if I ever missed a day he would rather spend money on McDonalds etc than to not be lazy and make his own lunch !

YouTheCat Thu 16-Jan-20 18:25:51

YANBU he's a lazy sod.

OldEvilOwl Thu 16-Jan-20 18:26:28

Tell him your his partner not his mother

1WayOrAnother Thu 16-Jan-20 18:27:54

What an arse. Ask him to make yours.

Thymelord Thu 16-Jan-20 18:27:59

What is his reason?

I honestly read MN and wonder how all these disgusting misogynistic pigs managed to find women to put up with them.

Wingedserpentfliesbynight Thu 16-Jan-20 18:28:52

Are his legs broke??
Of course you shouldn’t make his lunch...

slipperywhensparticus Thu 16-Jan-20 18:29:07

Is his reason, because your making the kids lunch anyway?

Pixilicious Thu 16-Jan-20 18:29:42

Ha ha ha surely this is a joke. Or he is!

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Thu 16-Jan-20 18:29:48

Mental. Do you take a lunch to work? If so then of an evening one of you do the dinner for both and one of you prep the lunches for both.

DonPablo Thu 16-Jan-20 18:31:15

I'd get three photo frames. In the first one, a picture of you, the second one, a picture of his mother and in the third, a picture of Gordon Ramsey. Ask if he can tell which one you are.

Woeisme99 Thu 16-Jan-20 18:32:42

Why have you even posted this, you know you're not BU. Tell him to fuck off.

Parker231 Thu 16-Jan-20 18:33:11

Has he explained why he doesn’t make your lunch?

williams345 Thu 16-Jan-20 18:33:39

I make dd 1 lunch which is completey different to what he would have
His reason is his work mates wife always makes his lunch, which may I add she doesn't work and is double my age so I don't really care
His whole family think the women should make the lunches no idea why but I'm now refusing

Metheven Thu 16-Jan-20 18:33:51

I have been married for nearly 29 years. I have NEVER made my husbands lunch for work, he has never expected me to. I am his wife, not his mother.

Thymelord Thu 16-Jan-20 18:35:00

Honestly just tell him to fuck off. What do people SEE in men like this, who think you're there to serve them. Makes me feel sick.

SquatDownDiddly Thu 16-Jan-20 18:36:03

Make him a wrap. Put lots of salad in it along with a shit.
He'll never ask you again and will drive the point home that he shouldn't be a sexist twat.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Thu 16-Jan-20 18:36:34

I usually try and see these things from the mans perspective but even I think he's being a lazy sod!

Nanny0gg Thu 16-Jan-20 18:36:46

My DH used to make the packed lunches till the DC were old enough to make their own.

He would still often make mine anyway.

YappityYapYap Thu 16-Jan-20 18:37:01

I make my DH's lunch for work but if I'm busy, he just does it himself!

Pollaidh Thu 16-Jan-20 18:37:12

I don't think I've ever made DH's lunch, except for wrapping up a piece of homemade cake once or twice. DH makes his lunch and makes DD's whilst he's doing it. I can't believe this, it's like something from 1950.

Does he expect you to iron his shirts too?!

Camomila Thu 16-Jan-20 18:37:26

There are times when it makes sense for someone to make all the lunches...eg, DH used to make my lunch as well as his while I got DS ready for nursery...he doesn't seem to have any better reason than sexism!

FredaFrogspawn Thu 16-Jan-20 18:37:36

Baffled as to how anyone would think this lunch-making crap is reasonable. Unless he has no hands, or maybe thumbs. Then I might chuck a sausage roll and a satsuma in a bag for him.

AnyFucker Thu 16-Jan-20 18:38:02

You still shag this man ?

The mind boggles.

WhatToBuyForBirthday Thu 16-Jan-20 18:38:23

If he just has something like last night's leftovers then it's not really much hassle for you to pop it in Tupperware. But he should do the same for you.

Say to him that if he has similar to your daughter then you will make for him one week if he makes for you the next.

I think it's the expectation it's a woman's job which is objectionable, not the lunch making itself.

SameOldHorrorStory Thu 16-Jan-20 18:39:02

Make him sandwiches. And make them mustard and beetroot mixed with pate until he sorts his own out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »