Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me I'm being unreasonable

(11 Posts)
Anxietyrocket Wed 15-Jan-20 00:13:26

Name changed but I've been on MN for a very long time.

I've got anxiety which is mostly under control now. Occasionally it surfaces & this evening it has & its knocked me sick. I can't sleep. I can't think properly & I need someone just to tell me I am actually being (thinking) unreasonable.

Every so often I get this rushed thought of police barging into the house. Like kicking the door down & turning my life upside down for no reason / their mistake / wrong accusations.
I don't know why because I'm a law abiding citersern. I work, pay taxes, never claimed any benefits, all my bills are paid in full, I've never had debt, credit cards, been fraudulent, stolen, been in trouble with the law.
But the thought is so overwhelming it makes me feel physically sick. Why does this happen? sad

MT2017 Wed 15-Jan-20 00:15:54

You are most definitely being unreasonable.

(Does that help?)

Anxietyrocket Wed 15-Jan-20 00:17:38

I just want to add. I've only mentioned about never being on benefits not because I have an issue with anyone who does use benefits but because I haven't ever broke the law by claiming anything I'm not actually entitled to.

CustardT Wed 15-Jan-20 00:21:11

I don’t know why anxiety attacks happen.

Are you worried about something else and your brain is trying to hide it by worrying about this?

How do you normally control your anxiety?

Do you look after yourself? Exercise? Eat healthy? Take multivitamins?

Actually I think gut bacteria could cause this. I recommend taking a good quality probiotic.

WarrenNicole Wed 15-Jan-20 00:24:38

Have you been to see your GP about this? I don’t mean to alarm you, but this sounds incredibly paranoid and slightly delusional given that you know you’ve done nothing to merit what you are afraid of. Or you could just have really bad anxiety and this is how it is manifesting. I would speak to my GP.

Amiable Wed 15-Jan-20 00:27:09

This sounds like severe anxiety, and it is affecting your life. Please go and see your GP. It sounds like you really need some help. I hope you get it x

AlunWynsKnee Wed 15-Jan-20 00:30:40

It's intrusive thoughts which is OCD territory.

BeanTownNancy Wed 15-Jan-20 00:37:02

See if you can self-refer for CBT through IAPT. It's the only thing I've found that's helped my anxiety long-term.

Lillyhatesjaz Wed 15-Jan-20 01:23:13

I get OCD intrusive thoughts I have found that for me the best way to deal with them is to sit down and properly think about them for a bit. don't try to suppress them but let yourself go over the whole sinario several times. I find for me it deminishes it.

Ladybirdbookworm Wed 15-Jan-20 03:07:31

I just wanted to say the same as other posters.
You have nothing to worry about but please please make an appointment to see your GP.
Irrational thoughts can often be the start of a depressive episode. I know - I've been there .flowers

Weffiepops Wed 15-Jan-20 05:58:07

Bless you, you need to learn to meditate

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »