Talk

Advanced search

Local celebrities

(519 Posts)
Scrump21 Mon 13-Jan-20 22:51:54

Do you have any where you live, or any local urban legends?

The closest town to myself there was a man who drove round on a mobility scooter with 4 or 5 real life owls sat with him... He would stop and let people have pics with him and all sorts.

It wasn't done as a one off or charity, he just liked to takes his owls out I guess.

TerribleCustomerCervix Mon 13-Jan-20 22:55:03

One of my dad’s friends is a second cousin of Van Morrison.

Pre being famous, apparently he got up (uninvited) at his parents’ wedding reception and began to sing.

Friend’s dad (the groom) was like “that fella can’t fuckin sing.”

Scrump21 Mon 13-Jan-20 22:57:05

Oh and a real celebrity that lives locally is Stella McCartney, she has a house round the corner from mine.
I have never seen her but still 😂

MT2017 Mon 13-Jan-20 22:57:15

Timmy Mallett.

This is you all envy wink

wokingpizzaexpress Mon 13-Jan-20 23:00:30

Eamonn Holmes used to live in my street,

I see Stephen Nolan most days on my way to work in the traffic

Rubbing shoulders with the A list right here

Thereflex9 Mon 13-Jan-20 23:07:54

There's a man who cycles with his dog on his shoulders around here. Not sure how safe it is for the dog but he seems happy enough

SpunBodgeSquarepants Mon 13-Jan-20 23:11:20

@MT2017 I know where you live. (I live there too)

MoggTheCat Mon 13-Jan-20 23:12:08

Do you live in Lee-on-Solent? I regularly see a man on a mobility scooter with his owls there.

windycuntryside Mon 13-Jan-20 23:12:25

Is scooter owl man of celeb status really ?

Brainfogmcfogface Mon 13-Jan-20 23:12:36

Oh god lots! There was a guy who used to dress as an angel and dance on a traffic island or the middle of a roundabout, and walking about town. A guy who dressed in full rubber fetish gear, with a full mask so couldn’t see his face collecting for charity and charging for selfies, there’s a guy on a mobility scooter towing a small coffin and a stereo blaring out random 50s tunes, there’s a woman who doesn’t seem to get cold and walks around in the skimpiest clothes and bra tops a plenty, she’s easily in her 60s if not older, there a guy who appeared on a tv doc once and now describes himself as “works for the bbc” on his fb and goes around vlogging about living here, has about 3 followers, I really feel like I love I. Royston Vasey sometimes!

Pinkarsedfly Mon 13-Jan-20 23:12:49

I used to see Tony out of Dinnerladies in my local Sainsbury’s.

But then I moved and I’ve not seen him for ages.

<cool story>

Mistlewoeandwhine Mon 13-Jan-20 23:14:23

I live round the corner from Morrissey’s old house.
Purple Aki apparently frequents Manchester from time to time.

Bunnyfuller Mon 13-Jan-20 23:14:28

Hugh Laurie v near

Sharon from Eastenders nearish

And allegedly the hot but miserable Daniel Craig is renting in the county

Ginfordinner Mon 13-Jan-20 23:15:42

Kate Rusby
Dickie Bird

MrsBrentford Mon 13-Jan-20 23:17:21

Harry Redknapp, the Beckhams quite a few actually.

Ashley Banjo is often visiting here.

Mistlewoeandwhine Mon 13-Jan-20 23:18:05

Purple Aki, for those not in the know: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akinwale_Arobieke

Merryoldgoat Mon 13-Jan-20 23:18:31

The man who marches around with a placard - most recent message was ‘The End is Nigh’

Bluddyhateful Mon 13-Jan-20 23:18:36

A man who dresses as a pirate, has a huge cockatoo and rides his mobility scooter outside Sainsbury’s where he greets everyone very solemnly. A lot of local celebs on mobility scooters, for some reason

crustycrab Mon 13-Jan-20 23:19:40

I think most people missed the point here 🤣

Ihatesundays Mon 13-Jan-20 23:19:46

I’m in the NE and we have a scooter owl man...

Wish I lived near Hugh Laurie.

Puppybum Mon 13-Jan-20 23:20:27

Pete Doherty, oh the glamour

LellyMcKelly Mon 13-Jan-20 23:21:07

I once stood in line behind Meera Syal for the mini golf at Paulton’s Park. I don’t know if she lived nearby or was just visiting though.

maloofhoof Mon 13-Jan-20 23:21:31

I thought you meant just local people who are well known to other locals. Not actual celebrities. Or have I misunderstood op?

1Morewineplease Mon 13-Jan-20 23:21:35

Chris Tarrant moaned , to my parents ( newsagents, early one morning ) about his maggots! ( re fishing) .
And to those of a certain age, ‘Sandy Richardson’ WALKED into my parents’ shop!!!

MrsBrentford Mon 13-Jan-20 23:21:43

Ah sorry blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »