Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that trampolines in small gardens are intrusive as is the yelling and hollering by the eejits who have no consideration for their neighbours?

(24 Posts)
speedymama Tue 28-Aug-07 09:25:53

I think trampolines are great for exercising but only in the right location.

My obstreperous neighbours have recently erected a monstrously sized trampoline in the garden which basically covers all the lawn plus they have attached the netting which imo, is a blooming eyesore, especially as it stands about a foot over the 6 feet fence separating our gardens.

They have always been noisy but now the noise can only be described as a cacophony. I would not mind but these are the same morons who banged on the walls because our baby twins were crying!shock A couple of weeks ago, DT2 (3yo) threw a tantrum in the garden and our dear neighbours slammed their windows shut! If they were a young, childless, couple I could understand their irritation but these people have 5 children who scream, stamp and jump all the time.

Before we had the twins and their children were younger, they were really loud but we tolerated it. Now that we have children, they expect them to be silent but at the same time, their rabble make more noise than anyone else on the street.

We want to move next year so I hope their oversize trampoline does not deter potential buyershmm because tbh, I would be deterred after what I have experienced.

herladyship Tue 28-Aug-07 09:37:08

sounds like it is not the trampoline that is the problem, more your neighbours anti-social behaviour and bad attitude!

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 09:37:30

Message withdrawn

Peachy Tue 28-Aug-07 09:40:32

We're getting a trampoline- we have a terraced house

why?

Its been 'presribed' as part of ds1 and ds3's therapy

if the obnoxious planning permission breaching, rude creature that lives next door objects- well she moved after us, she should have chosen to live in a house with no kids as neighbours.

Mind you, your neighbours spund pretty obnoxious themselves, if they were nice friendly people would you object to the tramoline so much, really?

amidaiwish Tue 28-Aug-07 09:44:15

our neighbours have a 14ft trampoline and it does take up most of their garden

i like seeing little J jumping up and down laughing away

then again, they just have one child, age 7 and he is good as gold from what i can see.

even when he has friends over i don't mind the noise. it's not like they're playing loud music smoking in their garden kicking fag butts over the fence is it?

i think you have a problem with your neighbours (who sound awful) than the trampoline.

chopster Tue 28-Aug-07 09:45:16

Hopefully once the novelty wears off a bit the noise should calm down. I am sympathetic though, ours are the same. It's ok when her kids are hanging off the fence and yelling over to ours, but as soon as mine go near it they are banging on the door complaining.

OrmIrian Tue 28-Aug-07 09:45:55

speedy I think you should get shot of your neighbours rather than their trampoline! We have a trampoline that takes up almost all our lawn (I use that word advisedly as there isn't actually much grass left under the trampoline now). No net as I think they dominate a bit too much - having lost all my floorspace I didn't want to lose sight of the sky too grin. But we have a 6ft fence so I don't think we dominate our neighbours too much.

Anyway DD really wanted one, all her friends had one and we only have a small garden. So I don't see that we had much choice.

speedymama Tue 28-Aug-07 09:49:40

If the neighbours were decent people, I would have no problems with the trampoline because ultimately, children make noise and I actually like to hear children enjoying themselves.

These people are just so contemptible that we don't speak now. A new family have just moved in across the road and the husband has already fallen out with them because he was using their drive for his guests!shock

The next house we buy will be a detached one.

expatinscotland Tue 28-Aug-07 09:58:05

Any chance of bumping up the move?

Piggy Tue 28-Aug-07 10:02:39

Be careful to avoid confrontation if at all possible. When you move you have to declare neighbour disputes and that often puts would-be buyers off your house.

If I were you I'd look at moving sooner rather than later. It's not going to get any easier for you.

Good luck.

speedymama Tue 28-Aug-07 10:07:20

Yes, we have started doing some minor decorations and hoping to have the house on the market after Christmas.

Definitely want to avoid confrontation because the guy is a thug and don't want to declare it.

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 10:09:36

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Tue 28-Aug-07 10:10:21

No shit, Fio! Been there!

Piggy Tue 28-Aug-07 10:11:18

I agree. My first ever neighbours were so bad we ended up moving because of them. It takes over your whole life and you just can't escape from it.

Every sympathy speedymama.

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 10:12:46

Message withdrawn

speedymama Tue 28-Aug-07 10:17:46

It's a shame because the people on the other side are wonderful and in fact most people on the street are really friendly.

These numbskulls go round with a haughty attitude and rub everyone up the wrong way. They don't like me because I don't suffer fools and when they started parking on our drive soon after we moved in 6 years ago, I went round and asked them to stop. From then on, they have ignored me (fine with me).

We could not stop laughing when the husband crashed his new BMW convertible about 6 months after getting itgrin. He is a really aggressive driver and having this car, he thinks he is king of the road. The car was off the road for about 3 months so he had to make do with a hired Seat, poor thing.

speedymama Tue 28-Aug-07 10:21:15

FioFio, that is exactly it. DH and I tolerated their noise, their children, their parties etc. As soon as we have children, they start banging on the walls when they cried. I cannot believe how unreasonable some people can be.

expatinscotland Tue 28-Aug-07 10:22:02

It's a good thing they weren't living next to me .

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 10:23:45

Message withdrawn

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 10:27:13

Message withdrawn

speedymama Tue 28-Aug-07 10:30:06

Yeah, us northeners from Birmingham really don't know our place.hmm

speedymama Tue 28-Aug-07 10:31:30

grin

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 10:33:49

Message withdrawn

Peachy Tue 28-Aug-07 11:38:08

Fio mine told me to moce back to my own country

However whilst i accpet we are 'immigrants' to Wales, at least i have welsh family, and live within an hour of Somerset.... they come from Anglia and never ahd been here before LOL! The chap on the other side of our house they suck up to (because he is a professor) is from Yorkshire LOL.

She also says that whilst they're on a comitte for a local thing we don't put enough back, apart of course from dg's earnings (they're retired), my student place, and 3 kids places at the short-on-numbers local school. Hmm......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now