Talk

Advanced search

To be so upset about someone stealing our cab?!

(2 Posts)
sugarmatches Sat 25-Aug-07 00:11:49

Dh and I went to the cinema tonight. It was a film he really wanted to see, so we got a sitter and went out all on our own. We don't do it very often, so as a treat we decided to take a cab back so we could have a drink or two after the film.

We were waiting for a black cab for about 15 minutes and I was getting really ready to get back to dc (my bed actually) when suddenly a complete yuppie little tosser and his superficial lady companion (I was thinking of a different word for her btw) walked right in front of us and nicked the cab!!! In a posh voice the tosser just said "sorry old friend"!!! I am ashamed to say I told them to f@ck off!
The cab driver did look at us apologetically, but did not do anything.

We waited another 15 minutes and with no more cabs in sight, we ended up taking the bus home.
I was so upset. Our one night out in ages and we ended up on a smelly bus with a fair share of drunk people.
Sometimes I really hate London!!!

sleepfinder Sat 25-Aug-07 08:43:19

That stinks. By rights the cab driver has to take the first person they see on the street - and if they saw you first they should have taken you, regardless of mister yuppie jumping out of nowhere.

I have on occastion, practically wrestled people away from cabs and told the cabbie off. But only when pregnant grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now