Talk

Advanced search

Fed up of labour voters righteousness

(233 Posts)
NemophilistRebel Thu 12-Dec-19 19:31:39

The amount of people I’ve seen on social media say -

I’m voting labour because I don’t hate poor people / disabled people / the elderly etc

I’m just fed up of it

It’s as bad as children’s charities saying that if you don’t donate then you obviously condone child abuse.

No, it doesn’t mean I hate poor people or the disabled or the wealthy.

You don’t get this from the LIb Dems supporters, or Green Party Supporters or Tories

RoseHippy1 Thu 12-Dec-19 19:32:39

You certainly wouldn’t get it from a Tory !

TheDarkPassenger Thu 12-Dec-19 19:34:00

Yep! I’ve got so many people on ‘30 day snooze’ on Facebook. It’s doing my box in!

littlepaddypaws Thu 12-Dec-19 19:34:24

everyone has an opinion, not always going to agree on everything, but some need to get the sticks out of their arses and stop being so pious.

Random18 Thu 12-Dec-19 19:36:11

Hate might be a strong word.......

But you can't really claim to care for them

Batmanandrobin123 Thu 12-Dec-19 19:36:49

I agree and I think it does more harm than good for the labour party.

PinkiOcelot Thu 12-Dec-19 19:36:53

I’ve read plenty of drivel on mine by tories. And on here actually.

Random18 Thu 12-Dec-19 19:37:05

If you vote Tory that should say......

Monsterinmyshoe Thu 12-Dec-19 19:37:06

I don't agree with it either, but it does demonstrate how angry people are, and that many people feel that their needs are completely ignored by the Tories because they aren't of the typical demographic that will vote for them.

NemophilistRebel Thu 12-Dec-19 19:38:04

* I agree and I think it does more harm than good for the labour party.*

This exactly

teagivesmejoy Thu 12-Dec-19 19:39:02

Yes. Tedious to say the least.
Think they're in for an incredibly bad Friday 13th.

Random18 Thu 12-Dec-19 19:39:43

What does the most harm to the Labour party is the Right Wing press.

I was listening to someone then other day an thought "you buy the Daily Express". What paper did they have the next day grin

MoonlightBonnet Thu 12-Dec-19 19:42:37

So why do you hate poor people and the disabled?

boxcar Thu 12-Dec-19 19:43:19

There’s no way on God’s Earth I’d have voted Tory today. But I totally agree with you. I can’t stand people who effectively say ‘If you don’t agree with me you’re stupid / evil.’

NemophilistRebel Thu 12-Dec-19 19:43:33

I never did moonlight.
hmm

NemophilistRebel Thu 12-Dec-19 19:44:02

@boxcar yes well said

NemophilistRebel Thu 12-Dec-19 19:45:17

@Random18 I think most of the broadsheets are right wing - Times, Telegraph Etc

BentNeckLady Thu 12-Dec-19 19:46:05

Oh yes, the “I’m voting labour because I’m not a cunt” tribe of cunts.

Fucking yawn.

Fivetoomany Thu 12-Dec-19 19:46:18

I agree OP. Trying to make out Tory voters are evil. Maybe they are the just the best option for us. To be honest though anyone would be better than Corbyn!

shirleyschmidt Thu 12-Dec-19 19:46:56

Totally agree, it's tedious. Ffs it won't suddenly make anyone go "oh hey, Sarah from my old school is voting labour to save the NHS - think I'll do the same!" 🙄

DBML Thu 12-Dec-19 19:47:52

I had to delete one FB friend who was quite aggressive about her political stance and how everyone should support labour. She was demanding to know who her friends were voting for and chastising anyone who voted differently. If you didn’t say, you’d be accused of voting Tories and harangued, with memes; gifs and articles posted every minute.

I just couldn’t hack it anymore. She’s not a real life friend, just on FB - so I in-friended. Feel much better now.

flyingchip Thu 12-Dec-19 19:48:42

I was struggling up to the last minute today on who to pick. Reading the endless tory bashing threads by labour supporters made me decide I couldnt associate with myself with such small minded and abusive group of people (also on all other social media, tv, radio call ins etc) that I voted green. I know a few in my friendship group and family who have done the same.

WorldsOnFire Thu 12-Dec-19 19:50:05

I’d got so fed up with the way labour voters were behaving and have found it so completely disgusting I was fully prepared to vote Tory. Honestly the self righteous, argumentative, childish, bullying I’ve seen from labour voters makes me think they don’t bloody deserve all the support they’d get from a labour government.

I couldn’t do it though and went Lib Dem instead 👍🏻

Northernsoullover Thu 12-Dec-19 19:50:08

See? Exactly Moonlight look how tedious..
I didn't vote Conservative, Lib Dem or Labour or anything dodgy like Brexit Party. The reason I didn't vote Tory? Does it need any explanation? I couldn't have voted Labour though. Corbyn (in my opinion) is in cloud cuckoo land with all that he's promised. The numbers do not stack up.
I'm not middle class by a long shot but I do have a brain and independent thought. I wonder if labour voters had concentrated on providing good arguments as to why I should vote for the party instead of spewing bile I might have thought differently.

NemophilistRebel Thu 12-Dec-19 19:51:10

@DBML I had that on a Facebook group

Someone created a poll. If anyone said they weren’t voting labour one particular person would come out with all sorts of false news and insults. It was embarrassing to see someone get so rude about it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »