Talk

Advanced search

To be angry about this HORRIBLE behaviour by railway staff?

(9 Posts)
Janos Wed 22-Aug-07 21:28:40

I don't know who or where to go to!

OK, quick background. I live about 100 miles away from my parents and went down to visit them on th train with DS (2 and a half). Lovely visit, had a great time.

OK

Mum gives me a lift to the train station with my bags, while we're waiting for the train, my son falls asleep in her arms. She offers to carry him onto the train for me so he diesn't wake up.

Anyway, we get onto the the train. Long story short we got stuck behind a bunch of selfish w***s who wouldn't let us past (despite booked seat etc). Result being that my mum and I got seperated.

Anyway, as my mum gets to the door (still carrying my son!) the signalman watches her knock on the door, stares for about 30 seconds and REFUSES TO LET HER OFF. He could easily have done so and could also clearly see she was carrying my little boy.

My mum and DS were very distressed but thankfully the folk on the train (guard etc)were really kind and helpful. My mum was able to get off at the next stop and get home safely, no harm done.

I am so FUMING about this and want to complain but..AIBU? Who should I complain

Janos Wed 22-Aug-07 21:29:57

NB This is NOT a dig at rail staff in general!

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 22-Aug-07 21:32:27

hmmmm, tricky situation but not sure who you would complain to! surely they should have let her off if she had a distressed child in her arms, for all they knew that child may not have been anything to do with her and she had 'found' him on his own iykwim!

id start with the manager of the train station, if there is one, if you dont get any luck try and go higher up!

FairyOnTheChristmasTree Wed 22-Aug-07 21:34:26

You are definately NBU....what a bunch of idiot staff. How horrible for you all...definately not the stress you want when you're travelling with little ones. Is your mum elderly and frail? Did you manage to settle into your seats once your mum had left? Find out who guards work for, they would work for company whoose train you were on presumably (could be Network Rail or if in North West possibly Northern or Virgin) then complain.

McEdam Wed 22-Aug-07 21:36:08

Complain to the train company. Sounds horrid.

Janos Wed 22-Aug-07 21:42:10

Thank you all...OP sounds a bit muddled as I'm vee tired!

I will start with the train company. Thing is, the actual staff on the train were lovely so I;d want to make it clear the complaint is not against them. They really helped me and my mum.

Really, am just angry at the selfish Bstrd who upset my mum and boy. he could easily have let them off so why he didn't I don't know.

Thanks for advice.

Janos Wed 22-Aug-07 21:42:42

Sorry..I meant let my mum off...must get to bed!

ruddynorah Wed 22-Aug-07 21:46:44

very frustrating. however a lot of stations have those signs up that say not to board unless you're travelling. they will probably use that as their get out.

Janos Wed 22-Aug-07 21:50:44

Yeah I know that RD but still angry about it. I couldn't have got DS onto the train without help and she was doing it to be kind and helpful.

Will see what sort of response I get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now