Talk

Advanced search

In court today. Terrified

(241 Posts)
bakabakabeyond Fri 22-Nov-19 07:29:13

In court today regarding child arrangements order. I'm witholding access from my ex to our 1 year old as he is abusive, physically and emotionally. I left him with the help of women's aid and a local charity when he started showing signs of abuse towards our son.

He has made numerous false allegations about me in court. They are very transparent and have only cropped up after he told CAFCASS he had no concerns.

My allegations towards him are pretty extensive and all true. When I am giving evidence in court I will prove this as the truth is easy to recall

I am terrified of him. Scared I will bump in to him. The whole court process is making me unwell

Any unmumsnetty hand holds?

puds11 Fri 22-Nov-19 07:32:32

flowers good luck Baka! You are being incredibly brave and I will gladly hold your hand.

exitlight Fri 22-Nov-19 07:33:51

flowers and another handhold here

jent85 Fri 22-Nov-19 07:34:51

Best of luck and will be thinking of you today. Just remember you may have a day terrified in court but afterwards you'll have your integrity intact, a safe and happy child and a lifetime ahead of you to make new happy memories.
You're an inspiration for every person out there scared to make this move and you're doing the right thing. So brave.
Handhold and flowers thanks xxx

Longfacenow Fri 22-Nov-19 07:35:43

Best of luck. You have done a very brave thing here and I would be coming with you if I was your friend in real life.

It is another necessary step towards a brighter future. You've got this.

EdersonsSmileyTattoo Fri 22-Nov-19 07:36:13

Another handhold here Baka! Good luck xx flowers

Iggleonkupsy Fri 22-Nov-19 07:37:23

Best of luck and a hand hold here. I hope it goes well. Will be thinking of you today 💐

HandsOffMyRights Fri 22-Nov-19 07:37:32

Good luck today. You're stronger than you think flowers

tiredsleepysleep Fri 22-Nov-19 07:37:50

Mists courts will have a separate witness/victim entrance and a separate area to sit. Contact court before you go to find out where these are and ask to us them. It may help reassure you that there's less chance of bumping into him.

Summercamping Fri 22-Nov-19 07:38:20

Another handhold for you here. You can do this, you are protecting your son flowers

tiredsleepysleep Fri 22-Nov-19 07:38:23

Fecking autocorrect- most courts

losingthepl0t Fri 22-Nov-19 07:39:49

You will do this. Handholding too flowers

ItsReallyOnlyMe Fri 22-Nov-19 07:40:13

You are doing this for your son. All mothers find reserves of strength when trying to protect their offspring. You've got this. Good Luck.

bakabakabeyond Fri 22-Nov-19 07:42:04

Thanks everyone. I love Mumsnet. The support on here is incredible. I'm writing between vomiting with anxiety and looking after my cold ridden 1 year old. I am really struggling. So scared I'm going to throw up in court

Winterdaysarehere Fri 22-Nov-19 07:44:40

Take a couple of paracetamol and a Mars. Keep your temp down and sugar up.
Your love for your dc will keep you going.
And knowing you are right goes a very long way ime..
The world needs protective dm's like you - and your dc will be more than fine having you...

BillHadersNewWife Fri 22-Nov-19 07:44:47

If you wobble, take deep breaths...drink the water...stand up straight. xx

GiveHerHellFromUs Fri 22-Nov-19 07:45:59

You're going to be ok. You're doing this to keep your baby safe and that's the most important thing.

You're so brave flowers

LissJas Fri 22-Nov-19 07:46:29

Another one holding hands. Try not to worry about vomiting in court; if it happens, it happens. Do tell court staff how you feel though, they may be able to help you.

Good luck and WELL DONE for doing this. Women like you are an inspiration.

Star81 Fri 22-Nov-19 07:46:57

Good luck. Another step to show him you stronger and better without him x

CodenameVillanelle Fri 22-Nov-19 07:48:09

You're very brave. The family courts are intimidating but you have truth on your side

Ukholidaysaregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 07:48:11

Good Luck for today. 🌹

Clangus00 Fri 22-Nov-19 07:48:29

Good luck flowers

OneUsernameOnly Fri 22-Nov-19 07:48:31

Have you got someone going with you? When I went through similar ex and I had to wait in the same waiting room literally yards away - I was so glad I had someone with me who was also allowed to come into court with me (though they weren’t allowed to say anything)
Honestly though the court was fine and everyone was really kind. It wasn’t half as bad as I thought it would be.

NoSauce Fri 22-Nov-19 07:48:57

You will do this. You are amazingly brave getting out the relationship.

Deep breaths, we will be standing with beside today flowers

OneUsernameOnly Fri 22-Nov-19 07:49:04

Oh and flowers and all the best to you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »