Talk

Advanced search

to be teed off at rude kids in shop???

(9 Posts)
geekymummy Mon 20-Aug-07 10:03:26

yesterday DH and I were browsing at some cute dresses for DD. I held one up and one girl literally snatched it out of my hand saying "aww this would be so cute for J!!" I couldn't believe it! DH asked her "what are you doing?". The girl's friend tried to apologise for her, I said forget about it.

We moved to another aisle, when dress snatching girl came around and called me a bitch and "four eyes" <roll eyes emoticon>. DH was incensed but I pointedly remarked that she's just a kid, then both of them were calling us names, including w*nker. Charming! If I was a few years younger I would have been tempted to tell em a few choice words!

After all that, we noticed the snatched dress discarded on the shop floor.

Got the last laugh though as one of them tripped over something as she tried to walk away, while still insulting us. The girls looked no older than 12.

littlelapin Mon 20-Aug-07 11:21:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hippipotami Mon 20-Aug-07 11:31:30

Arrgh, I would be seething. I could not ignore that, I would have grabbed them by the scruff of the neck and marched them to the shop manager for a talking to!

Okay, maybe not, but that is waht I would like to do. I am starting to feel that these kind of kids are getting progressively more rude because society turns a blind eye.

Unfortunately, you are powerless to do anything, if you said something you would be the one in the wrong

What was that saying - it takes a village to raise a child. Me thinks there is something in that!

Blandmum Mon 20-Aug-07 11:34:39

at the ripe old age of 12 they should bloody well know how to behave and I don't think that you should have to make allowances for them being kids.

They are 12 not 5 and do know better, they just chose to act as arse holes. If it had happened to me, i'd have told them to fuck off and/or got them ejected from the store.

turning a vblind eye leads little twurps likt this to think that they have a 8right* to behave in an antisocial manner.

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Mon 20-Aug-07 11:42:46

i would have been livid!!!

a bit aside, but when i had dd in a large pram as a 2mo i was only 17, had left school (not returned to 6th form due to pregnancy) but had gone back to visit my friends at school with dd.

Getting the bus home at the end of the day there was a group of 12-13yr olds in the wheelchair space (where i needed to put dd's buggy) the bus driver shouted 'move down' and those standing moved, and there were these 3 very indignant teen girls sat in the seats there. i asked them to move they ignored......so i changed tone to menacing growl and said 'if i were you i'd move, last year i was at your school and being severly hormonal i wouldn't think twice about clobbering you!' which i obviously wouldn't have done, but it got them to move quick sharp.

that was when i had more self confidence, now i wouldnt be so forward, other than barging them with my buggy!

i think ignoring is a problem, as the kids then think that their behaviour is ok! but then again a lot of that is learnt from toddlerhood

TaLcApOnE Mon 20-Aug-07 11:49:57

....i stopped agroup of teens the other day
<<pulls pants over jeans and dons cape>>

they were verbally abusing a woman.....long story....she had small children with her....

I told them not to follow her....and asked them how they would feel if it was their mums that were being hassled

<<pulls down mask>>

They saw sense.

themoon66 Mon 20-Aug-07 11:54:36

It makes me sad that people can be so rude to complete strangers for no reason at all. It's like kids of that age always seem so angry

gingeme Mon 20-Aug-07 12:04:10

I would have said 'would you talk to your Mum like that?'. I know one thing for sure my 13 year old wouldnt dare talk to anyone like that let alone people with small children.
Kids have no respect these days its so sad realy. And its true that you cant do anything about it realy as it would all turn back to you somehow. Lets just hope they get their come uppance one day

geekymummy Mon 20-Aug-07 12:22:33

I REALLY wanted to say something, but I was in shock! Plus I know I would have launched into saying stuff I would regret.

Seriously though, they might p*ss off the wrong chick someday. They are lucky they didn't run into my sister, she's much more volatile than me on a good day!

hippi - I agree, I don't like turning a blind eye, and these days I most likely would have ended up in trouble.

Glad to know I'm not the only outraged one out there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now